Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I heard [enter business name] is closing?

Options
  • 09-10-2012 2:16pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I heard from a guy who heard from another guy who heard from some women that was standing beside the clock tower that [enter random business name] is closing tomorrow/next week/next month/next year?

I heard that the banks had changed the locks/aliens had invaded/the premises is failing apart/they can't get stock/nobody likes them etc etc, sounds dodgy.....

"ahem"
    Honestly these threads have to stop, surely people have enough cop on to not start a rumour about a business because it can affect a business revenue and it just isn't fair to the people that own it or the employee's.

Its turning into a farce at this stage,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No, what the farce is, is that 99% of the rumours are turning out to be true. Something drastic needs to be done in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Is almost all the gossip on here not about rumours or peoples opinions? Loads of posts on here have been about random things people heard out and about in daily life, why when someone who only has 22 posts on here does the place go mad and decide that enough is enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

People need to remember the word LIBEL when it comes to posting on the net, you dont get any prize for being the FIRST to post idle gossip about individuals or business that often are completely way off the mark . THIS ISNT THE PUB!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Is almost all the gossip on here not about rumours or peoples opinions? Loads of posts on here have been about random things people heard out and about in daily life, why when someone who only has 22 posts on here does the place go mad and decide that enough is enough?

Posting random things is one thing but posting stuff about company's is another,

Look at the consumer issues forum as an example, in certain situations posters are not allowed post the companys name if they are making certain types of claims....unless they can actually back them up.

In addition people aren't allowed post employee's names or contact details,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

I agree with you wholeheartedly Cabaal.

When there is real proof, fair enough. But like you said, most of this is just gossip and can do damage to the business in question and to boards.ie (I'm guessing).

Could I suggest this thread be stickied/Infractions for the posters who put up ridiculous gossip like this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I have personaly been told of three local developers who have flown the country with all their family in the last three weeks, I have met the three of them this week , in Waterford.
    Squinting windows

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

wellboytoo wrote: »
    I have personaly been told of three local developers who have flown the country with all their family in the last three weeks, I have met the three of them this week , in Waterford.
    Squinting windows

That's their doubles. Heard it down in the pub.

Sully wrote: »
    That's their doubles. Heard it down in the pub.

Nah my friend's cousin's budgie said that they're back around again because Spain wasn't high class enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Ledger wrote: »
    Nah my friend's cousin's budgie said that they're back around again because Spain wasn't high class enough.

Thats budgies a lying bastard.

Media999 wrote: »
    Thats budgies a lying bastard.

Don't mess with the budgie!! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement