Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exotic Auckland?

• 09-10-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭

Some airline was advertising on RTE recently, Emirates I think.
    They were advertising destinations in the Far East and Aus/NZ.

One of the destinations was described as 'exotic Auckland'.

Having spent two or three weeks there, last year, exotic is not one of the ways I'd describe Auckland.

Admittedly I was there in wintertime.

Well, is exotic appropriate for Auckland. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

imme wrote: »
    Well, is exotic appropriate for Auckland. :cool:

Certain parts of South Auckland can look more like a Pacific Island than some Pacific Islands. :D

(Known as South Sea Islands to some folks from the northern hemisphere ...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

exotic, not really. It is for all purposes a European city displaced

tropical, probably but there's nothing that unusual in comparison to any other city. Maybe the countryside surrounding it could be exotic to an Emiratie (sp?), lush rolling hills, ferns, odd creatures. would fit the definition of exotic in comparison to the desert and scrub like areas of the UAE...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Maybe not the inner working of the city but towards the coast. Some of beaches are stunning. Sit on Browns bay beach, lovely view and beautiful water. sit on Taka and tell me the views of rangitoto and the islands further out are not amazing!!
    If you include the likes of Waiheike and say Rangitoto....Pretty clear water, "Exotic" surrounding in thats its a little surreal (Rangitoto anyway).
    Is Orewa part of Auckland these days.....beautiful up there

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

Pehaps they are just generalising, Bay of Islands not being far away.. that i would class as being reasonabley exotic.

Advertisement