Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

404 - Page not found.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What's the default search engine set to in your browser? It looks like it's Yahoo, so instead of going to pages, it's searching for them instead.

Edit: or do you have a Yahoo toolbar installed?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Spear wrote: »
    What's the default search engine set to in your browser? It looks like it's Yahoo, so instead of going to pages, it's searching for them instead.

Edit: or do you have a Yahoo toolbar installed?

Default search engine is Yahoo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So somehow you're triggering searches instead of going directly to the URL. I don't suppose you could get screenshots of what's exactly happening?

Spear wrote: »
    So somehow you're triggering searches instead of going directly to the URL. I don't suppose you could get screenshots of what's exactly happening?

What happens is, instead of going to page I want it goes to that page linked in first post - screen cap is in op.

Just remembered, it also happened when I moved a thread from Playstation to Legal Discussion.
    As soon as I clicked Move Thread button, instead of going to password confirm page it went to the page as in op.
    I had to restart the thread move process from scratch again - worked second time with no issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Do you use yahoo as your search engine on firefox. I had the same problem with yahoo when i first got firefox and the way i solved it was by going to the search section on the top right-click the drop down-manage search engines. I then removed everything bar google. Haven't had a problem since.

• Advertisement

ken wrote: »
    Do you use yahoo as your search engine on firefox. I had the same problem with yahoo when i first got firefox and the way i solved it was by going to the search section on the top right-click the drop down-manage search engines. I then removed everything bar google. Haven't had a problem since.

I do use yahoo on firefox.
    Problem only started late yesterday(thought nothing of it) but it's continuing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I got a 404 when I tried using the boards search function earlier, from the main page
    firefox, no toolbar, google is the search thingy

Advertisement