Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dropbox-help please!

• 09-10-2012 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey,
    Just wondering has anyone ever used this in school? How exactly does it work-any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated! We have no VLE or shared space that the kids can access so I need some place to put resources for them!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

you can put documents etc in a dropbox account
    then when in dropbox , goto the document and make a public link.
    you can give that link and anyone can access it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Perhaps something like Edmodo.com might be easier. You have the control of who has access to it, and can use it more like a VLE. I experimenting with it at the moment with my LCs. I used to use a website, but I find it faster/easier to upload files/links etc this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

K
    Qwerty? wrote: »
    Perhaps something like Edmodo.com might be easier. You have the control of who has access to it, and can use it more like a VLE. I experimenting with it at the moment with my LCs. I used to use a website, but I find it faster/easier to upload files/links etc this way.

Second vote for edmodo. For ease of use and monitoring as well as cross platform availability it is the best I've come across!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Qwerty? wrote: »

Yeah, big fan here too, only using since September but it's great. Make folders too to organise things by topic, add tags to posts for topics \ chapters.

Really very good, a child could use it. If you are really committed you can download the app and take your class with you wherever you go

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NoelleTh

Just checked Edmodo out there, it looks great! Going to have a play around with it now....exciting Sunday evening!

• Advertisement
Advertisement