Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips flatscreen hdmi select without remote

• 09-10-2012 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Philips tv, remote got broken. New one bought from internet, but takes while before order will be here.

Sidebuttons: on/off, volume up/volume down, program up/down and menu.
    What combination to use to get AV list up - select hdmi-1

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Switch off all attached HDMI units, then switch on the one you want to watch (e.g. Blu-Ray player, UPC/Sky box), it should switch over automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

coylemj wrote: »
    Switch off all attached HDMI units, then switch on the one you want to watch (e.g. Blu-Ray player, UPC/Sky box), it should switch over automatically.

Thank you, tried, but no luck..
    I tough only scart connection can do autoswitch?

Seamus1964 wrote: »

HDMI does it as well, when I switch on my Blu-Ray player it immediately switches over the Philips TV to that HDMI port. If the TV is switched off, it will switch it on via the signal sent down the HDMI cable.

Check the setting on the device you're trying to connect to, you may have a model that defaults to not sending the HDMI signal to switch over. If you see any mention of CEC in the setup menus on your cable box or DVD player, enable it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#CEC

HDMI does it as well, when I switch on my Blu-Ray player it immediately switches over the Philips TV to that HDMI port.

Check the setting on the device you're trying to connect to, you may have a model that defaults to not sending the HDMI signal to switch over.

Thanks,
    But can not check device menu - no picture on screen :-)
    There should be button combination what will bring up av menu, old tellys had like volume down+prog up or something like that..

Thanks,

Sorry. If you're old enough you may remember a song called 'There's a hole in the bucket' which describes the same situation!

Dare I ask - have you checked the TV user manual? They're available on the Philips website....

http://www.philips.ie/

• Advertisement

Thanks,

Sorry. If you're old enough you may remember a song called 'There's a hole in the bucket' which describes the same situation!

Dare I ask - have you checked the TV user manual? They're available on the Philips website....

http://www.philips.ie/

:-) :-)

I'll do that
    Thanks for prompt replys and advise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

If you have UPC you could try programming the UPC remote to control the on/off & volume on your TV, which in turn would contol certain other features. I have mine programmed to control the volume & if I select the TV button & then page down/av it brings up the av menu.

Of course none of the above is relevant if you don't have UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

. . . . Sidebuttons: on/off, volume up/volume down, program up/down and menu. . . .
    Thanks

What does the menu button do ? Is it not possible to select the source from there ? What about MENU and Program UP/DOWN ? What happens if you keep pressing Program Down, will it go to the AV inputs once it goes below "0" ?

Make model of the set would be useful !

Ken

ZENER wrote: »

...what happens if you keep pressing Program Down, will it go to the AV inputs once it goes below "0" ?

Ken

..and that did the trick! 

Thanks

Advertisement