Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming on block insurance when behind on management fees

• 09-10-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have a cheeky type of question, if I'm behind (as in 2 years) on management fees am I still entitled to claim from the block insurance?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,317 ✭✭✭markpb

j2606 wrote: »
    I have a cheeky type of question, if I'm behind (as in 2 years) on management fees am I still entitled to claim from the block insurance?

It depends on the company. Some OMCs will note serious debtors on the block policy so that they cannot claim on it. Others will let you claim but use the money to offset your debts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

j2606 wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Any claim paid by the insurance company will be paid to the insured i.e. the management company.

Any management company would be negligent to the other company members if they paid the money to an owner without deducting fees due. Each claim potentially increases the insurance cost for future years which would increase fees for all owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Advertisement