Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MacBook Pro Question

• 09-10-2012 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

Sorry if this in the wrong section.

I bought a Mac Book Pro a few months ago, March I think, and I'm now shopping for an external hard drive. Ideally something that is Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt would be ideal but failing that a USB one would be fine.

If anyone knows where I can get a portable Thunderbolt to Thunderbolt drive that'd be great.

Also, I'm not sure whether the USB ports in my Macbook are USB 2 or 3. Is there any way to tell?

Sorry if they're noob questions, but I've tried googling and I'm not getting anywhere. Helpful replies only please. :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Only the finest for your MacBook Pro! :D

Top five portable drives: Thunderbolt meets USB 3.0

Recommended the Lacie in another thread yesterday. Up to 1 TB HDD or 256 GB SSD. The 1 TB HDD version costs 250 yoyos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Deadly! Thanks a million! Now, where to find one! Memory C and Expansys don't stock em. Ebay time methinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

dib wrote: »
    Deadly! Thanks a million! Now, where to find one! Memory C and Expansys don't stock em. Ebay time methinks!

Computeruniverse.net has the Lacie in stock for 250 yoyos, and they do ship to Ireland (€18.60 IIRC)

Didn't look for the others though, use "search".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

Sweet as mate. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement