Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The O2 - Seating/standing plans changing (Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Lopez)

Options
  • 09-10-2012 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

When you book tickets on ticketmaster for the O2, a specific seating plan shows up when you get to the "Review" screen.

Well, that seating plan has now changed for both Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Lopez. Where originally there was a green seating area, a red seating area and a blue standing area, the blue standing area has now become a yellow seating area plus a smaller blue standing area.

What is going on here? The tickets for the original large blue standing area sold out. So how have they now been able to insert a large yellow seating area in there? (for which they are also now selling tickets.)

I'm completely baffled by this.... and hoping someone here might have a clue.

To clarify, the original plan was the top image, but they've changed the plan to the one shown in the bottom image.

24qjwp3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Not sure if it is similar, but I've been to the O2 a few times and I observed that sometimes there are more seats available than others.
    For example when I saw Katy Perry I was sitting to where the yellow is on the second pic and I accessed my seat from the ground floor (I was first row).
    In other gigs (e.g. Tom Petty), the seats were only further back and you couldn't access them from the ground floor.

Maybe the yellow part is removable and they put it on and off depending on the concert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Not sure if it is similar, but I've been to the O2 a few times and I observed that sometimes there are more seats available than others.
    For example when I saw Katy Perry I was sitting to where the yellow is on the second pic and I accessed my seat from the ground floor (I was first row).
    In other gigs (e.g. Tom Petty), the seats were only further back and you couldn't access them from the ground floor.

Maybe the yellow part is removable and they put it on and off depending on the concert?

That is correct.

I'm just wondering why the current seat plan is different to the original seat plan (i.e. the seat plan that was there when the tickets originally went on sale), and how they are going to work it since the ground floor area (blue/standing) had completely sold out, and yet they are now somehow able to sell new tickets for the new ground floor area on the updated seat plan (blue/standing + yellow/seating.)

To simplify (because it is confusing trying to explain it).....

The ground floor area had fully sold out - yet, they've managed to go and stick a whole new section of seats into it, AND put those seats on sale. How?

And what of the people who had purchased ground floor area tickets as "standing" tickets? Are they now going to made sit in the seats that have now been shoved into the ground floor area?

I guess that the sold out of standing tickets refers to the new smaller section. . .???
    I don't think that they would do what you describe. . .

I guess that the sold out of standing tickets refers to the new smaller section. . .???
    I don't think that they would do what you describe. . .

The original seating plan was the top image. That was recently changed to the bottom image. That's a fact, it's not my opinion.

They have recently added in the yellow seats, and started to sell tickets for them. That, too, is a fact, not my opinion.

I'm just wondering what's going on, and where the original standing-ticket-holders are going to be put.

• Advertisement

whirlpool wrote: »
    The original seating plan was the top image. That was recently changed to the bottom image. That's a fact, it's not my opinion.

They have recently added in the yellow seats, and started to sell tickets for them. That, too, is a fact, not my opinion.

I'm just wondering what's going on, and where the original standing-ticket-holders are going to be put.

Most likely they sold a number of tickets having in mind the new revised structure and declared it sold out.
    As I said, It is highly unlikely that they would change the structure of the seating if they have completely sold all the tickets for the original structure. Like you said, they wouldn't have anywhere to put all these people.
    I can only think of one reason that they would do that, that the seating tickets were selling much more than the standing ones (which of course would be rather weird for a concert).

Most likely they sold a number of tickets having in mind the new revised structure and declared it sold out.

Yeah I think you're right about this. It just had me confused.

Advertisement