Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreambox DM800HD Question

Options
  • 09-10-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I've just moved into apremises that only has a Sky dish on the chimney.
    I dont want to go climbing to fit a UHF aerial so I can view Saorview.Ive tried an amplified indoor aerial - Useless.
    I can get my hands on a Dreambox DM800HD for a loan. I'm told this will pick up channels from the Sky dish? Is this true? I just want the basics without the hassle of installing a new Aerial really..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It won't give you Irish stations without doing something illegal that can't be talked about on here

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

I hear ya. I wont be doing anything illegal so what stations will it actually give me then? The freeview UK ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

No, not Freeview, free to air satellite is what you will get, including those in the Freesat package.
    Freeview is broadcast, in the UK, on uhf, received by an aerial, and DTT receiver/tv

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭zg3409

An installer might install an aerial for 80 Euro all in, and can combine the signal with the same satellite cable.

If you are paying 160 per year for a licence then 80 once off is not much to pay for the Irish channels. You would need a Saorview box or a combo box.

Advertisement