Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you were rich would you live in a high tax economy?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Moving to Britain could work.
    Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭niallu

Switzerland is $hit expensive to live.

Yeah it's a tax haven (same as Cayman Islands) but they'll bend you over in other ways like €18 for deodorant in Switzerland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

niallu wrote: »
    Switzerland is $hit expensive to live.

Yeah it's a tax haven (same as Cayman Islands) but they'll bend you over in other ways like €18 for deodorant in Switzerland!

As in a can of Lynx or is it posh stuff they're selling for 18?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

I'd do just as U2 -

I would give back to the fine country that helped make me who I am unreservedly for the rest of my life, and do my best for Irish charity.

Or... maybe I would do more African charity and move my headquarters to the Netherlands to dodge Irish taxes instead...

Tough choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Damathon111

It would depend on my income.

Someone like Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates can afford to be heavily taxed regularly because they have huge incomes coming in every week and their careers will last till they're old men

Someone like a retired professional footballer who has no income but made lots money over his career, cannot afford to be heavily taxed regularly because they won't be rich anymore after a few years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I'd pay whatever taxes I was legally bound to but I'd try to pay no more than that.
    I'd like to think that if I was really rich, making a lot more money than I'd ever need that I would become somewhat of a philanthropist and give money to worthy causes in an effort to benefit the unfortunate but deserving people in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I wouldn't mind paying more tax....problem is the shower in control here would just waste it as per usual.

Advertisement