Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playground - opinions?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

Is it open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Fi Fi

Is it open yet?

It opened last week. Nice little place. V busy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Peehadc

Seen some "older" kids enjoying a tipple and hanging out after dark. Maybe a short lived event. Either way nothing a high powered sodium lamp overhead wouldn't sort...

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

+1 Nice little playground for under 5s but need lighting at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Spongebopp

Robertr wrote: »
    +1 Nice little playground for under 5s but need lighting at night.

It's a huge sucess in our house, delighted with it. Very busy I agree but great facility to have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think it is fantastic.
    Very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Passed by yesterday afternoon

It's definitely being well used

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Also passed it yesterday, from the road could already see a collection of litter starting. Hoping this was just a once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭happyhappy

Could the person who is letting their dog sh1te in the children's playground please stop.

Twice in the last week my toddler has stood on dogs dirt inside the playground. I cleaned it as much as possible today but it's ridiculous that this can happen.

I think everybody needs to keep an eye out and run this person and dog if seen!!!

A dog can't get in the gate by themselves and definitely can't jump the fence so there is someone letting the dog in. Please stop.

I know this is a bit of a rant but it's too serious to let happen as the playground is a fantastic amenity to have on our doorsteps for our children.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Spongebopp

happyhappy wrote: »
    Could the person who is letting their dog sh1te in the children's playground please stop.

Twice in the last week my toddler has stood on dogs dirt inside the playground. I cleaned it as much as possible today but it's ridiculous that this can happen.

I think everybody needs to keep an eye out and run this person and dog if seen!!!

A dog can't get in the gate by themselves and definitely can't jump the fence so there is someone letting the dog in. Please stop.

I know this is a bit of a rant but it's too serious to let happen as the playground is a fantastic amenity to have on our doorsteps for our children.

That is beyond ridiculous, you are completely right to have a rant. It's bad enough that there is Dog Sh1te all around the Greens but actually inside the Playground too, it's unacceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Also its a "kids" playground..really annoys me to see grown idiots on apparatus designed and built for kids..and if your child needs number "one ""love"bring it home to do so..a mother ..ina fairly full playground brought the child to a corner to "pee"..+the coffee cups??little oisin or dervalagh im sure dosent buy coffee so please bring your rubbish home instead of dropping it in the corners..f.f.s..because of so called parents that playground is more trouble than its worth

Also its a "kids" playground..really annoys me to see grown idiots on apparatus designed and built for kids..and if your child needs number "one ""love"bring it home to do so..a mother ..ina fairly full playground brought the child to a corner to "pee"..+the coffee cups??little oisin or dervalagh im sure dosent buy coffee so please bring your rubbish home instead of dropping it in the corners..f.f.s..because of so called parents that playground is more trouble than its worth

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maudi - please please stop using that app

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

People letting a dog crap in a playground that's rotten, just as rotten as the litany of people who dump plastic bags full of the sh1t they've gathered around the estate.

Advertisement