Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hedge cutting

Options
  • 09-10-2012 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi there
    I planted a hedge a few years back between my self and house next door it has done well and is time to give it its first clip, just wondering should i offer to cut hedge on neighbours side, if i start cutting it i probably will have to cut it for the rest of my life what do ye think , thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

I do my side and the top on both sides if you know what I mean, it's about 7 ft high and 3 foot thick.

Its planted in my garden so feel a bit responsable.

If they were away on Hols then I do both sides as a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭enumbers

If you don't mind the bit of extra work it would be a nice thing to do as you are the one who planted it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

bit late in the season to cut any hedge, weve had our first frost. What kind of hedge is it?

You planted the hedge so it is up to you to maintain it. If you do not maintain the far side (your neighbour may not bother either) this could cause problems for your hedge in the long run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kerryted

thanks for the reply's i don't know much about hedging , i don't even know what type of hedge i have , there were trees that come together as a hedge if you know what i mean, they really shot up this year and could do with a little tidying they might only need cutting once a year that would be grand i have memories of my grand father clipping a hedge every week and he use to spend hours at it and it seemed at the time that it was a lot of work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

post a photo close up of hedge and we'll give a go at id, and if you post a photo of the length we'll give a go at where to clip for you. My grandad had a escallonia hedge and I used to help him do it as he got older and I still love the smell of escallonia.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 19 Garda Peter

kerryted wrote: »
    Hi there
    I planted a hedge a few years back between my self and house next door it has done well and is time to give it its first clip, just wondering should i offer to cut hedge on neighbours side, if i start cutting it i probably will have to cut it for the rest of my life what do ye think , thanks
    Just get off your lazy hole and cut it !!!

Advertisement