Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kindle Fire screen V Old Kindle screen

Options
  • 09-10-2012 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

My old style kindle screen has cracked again!!

I was thinking of buying the new kindle fire but am worried about the screen for normal reading.

I found the old kindle great. The book like screen was great for reading outdoors and battery lasted for days!!

What is the screen like on the new kindle fire? Is it like reading from a normal screen like an IPad? What is it like out doors in the sun?

I will probably be using it most for just reading books.

Does anybody here have experience of both?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The Kindle Fire is not an eReader - it's a tablet like the iPad. Prolonged reading on it's backlit screen will not be kind to your eyes and it will also be heavy compared to a proper Kindle Reader.

Conincidentally, they've just released a new eReader that enables you to read in the dark via a non-backlit screen technology that was created to avoid the strain you get when reading on tablets.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007OZO03M/ref=famstripe_cl

I have a basic Kindle and am putting the new one on my Christmas list!

Advertisement