Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White wine substitute

Options
  • 09-10-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,513 ✭✭✭

Thanks to Nigella for this......

If the recipe says a splash of white wine use a splash of vermouth instead.

A bottle of vermouth lasts for years so you can always have some handy and adds a real 'winey' to any dish.

Used some the last few nights and it's great. (Vermouth was at the back of the drinks cupboard for years).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I take it you've been watching Nigelissima? Isn't it great? She's so good for giving tips and shortcuts. I was well impressed with her mock mash made out of semolina as well, will definitely be trying that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Merkin wrote: »
    I take it you've been watching Nigelissima? Isn't it great? She's so good for giving tips and shortcuts. I was well impressed with her mock mash made out of semolina as well, will definitely be trying that!

Must be the new thing Merkin, she used it as a binding agent in meatballs today!.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Yeh I saw the mock mash thing too, very interested to try it, although it looked fierce runny..

Advertisement