Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IOS6 causing iPad to drop wi-fi?

• 09-10-2012 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭

I've an ipad2 and ever since I've updated to IOS 6 the wi-fi connection gets dropped after a short period of inactivity, say a couple of minutes or so.Never really had an issue with this until I updated the OS.
    Is anyone else experiencing problems like this?
    Is it completely unrelated to OS update?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

I've an ipad2 and ever since I've updated to IOS 6 the wi-fi connection gets dropped after a short period of inactivity, say a couple of minutes or so.Never really had an issue with this until I updated the OS.
    Is anyone else experiencing problems like this?
    Is it completely unrelated to OS update?

I have had the exact same problem since I updated....not one days bother until the update and know the feckin thing is doing me nut in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Calraigh B

I had the exact same problem when I updated. Has taken about a week to resolve itself. I did everything-changed the proxy to manual from auto and back again, reset my router, reconnected my wifi etc. The only thing that worked was resetting my iPad. It's been fine since then but I notice that if its left unattended for a while the wifi disconnects and when I unlock the screen again it reconnects automatically. It's almost as if its self regulating! I'm tempted to say its some sort of battery saving patch because I'm getting an extra 20-30 per cent battery life. But I doubt it. Anyway it's gone from being really effing annoying to actually being a boon. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

I think I found a way around it. Just enter your wifi network details manually in the 'other' option when searching for a network. If your having the same problem I had this seems to 'fix' it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Cheers, will try entering network manually and if that doesn't sort it, the re-set option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Tried entering the network manually - still dropping wi-fi.

How do you re-set the iPad?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Tried entering the network manually - still dropping wi-fi.

How do you re-set the iPad?

Look in settings

Advertisement