Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinny Buzz 3 or 4

Options
  • 09-10-2012 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭

Hi there, we are shopping for a buggy and I'm wondering what people think of the Quinny Buzz. Which one would anyone recommend the 3 wheel or 4 wheel? (Or neither!) Which? UK give the Buzz 4 higher marks than the 3, was looking for some feedback from someone who has used them. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The 4 is more stable then the 3 but personally I am not too fond of them .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

scrgirl wrote: »
    Hi there, we are shopping for a buggy and I'm wondering what people think of the Quinny Buzz. Which one would anyone recommend the 3 wheel or 4 wheel? (Or neither!) Which? UK give the Buzz 4 higher marks than the 3, was looking for some feedback from someone who has used them. Thanks.

Hi there,

we were seriously thinking of going for a quinny. Initial choice was between silver cross or quinny. Quinny was light and appeared quite compact and theres a deal on them at the moment. Think you get the whole package, ie. pram, pushchair, isolfix mount and carseat etc for about 750 euro. OH liked the quinny because you can take the carry cot out of the base all in one while baby is sleeping without waking him/her.

However, after asking a few friends who bought the quinny or those who were also thinking of it we changed our minds. Those who bought the quinny had said they didnt like it as the carry cot was quite small and it only actually lasted them a few months as baby outgrew it quickly. They ended up either buying a new pram after a few months or buying a different pram for baby number 2. Its also not a great depth. Those who were thinking of quinny but decided against it were for the same reasons. They thought the cot part looked quite small (not very long). However, this is just my opinion and im sure many people find it good. Girl in Mothercare said it is one of their most popular selling prams.

We were very lucky last week as got a present of a bugaboo cameleon pram! its just great and really would recommend it. The carry cot is a good size and its really easy to use and not too heavy. Only thing is I think they are quite expensive so it would depend on budget etc.

Goodluck with your decision making!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Thanks for the replys, food for thought. After much research we thought the quinny was a winner might have to rethink now! The boogaboo is gorgeous but way too expensive even second hand.
    Moonbeam what one would u recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

Hi There, I have the quinny buzz 3 and our baby is 3 months old. We got the deal with all included for 740 in mothercare earlier in the year. I have to say I find the carrycot excellent and the baby loves it. My biggest complaint is the shopping basket is a complete waste of space and good for nothing much!

Would I buy again - yes, its good value for money the entire package, most people end up buying a lighter stroller after 1 year or so dont see the value on spending much more that the cost of this system!

The one thing we did change was we bought the front off road tyre which is well worth the 50 euro extra. Its light weight, easy to put up/down and compact compared to other options.

hope this helps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

scrgirl wrote: »
    Thanks for the replys, food for thought. After much research we thought the quinny was a winner might have to rethink now! The boogaboo is gorgeous but way too expensive even second hand.
    Moonbeam what one would u recommend?

It really depends what you need it for..

I used ot commute on the train with baby,go walking alot and wanted baby comfie so I bought a maxi mura 4,it was brilliant.
    I have spent the last 2 years with the out n about nipper double,it is a bit light and a 3 wheeler but it is very good aswell.

Nearly everyone I know with a quinny buzz has bought a stroller too as the Buzz is big and akward and a little heavy.

The baby jogger buggies are very popular with people at the play school some have the single and double version they like them so much.

I would recommend that you try one and see what you think.

Make a list of what you need in a buggy,ask people to try out theirs and then go to shops and take a look,go home price them and get a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It really depends what you need it for..

I used ot commute on the train with baby,go walking alot and wanted baby comfie so I bought a maxi mura 4,it was brilliant.
    I have spent the last 2 years with the out n about nipper double,it is a bit light and a 3 wheeler but it is very good aswell.

Nearly everyone I know with a quinny buzz has bought a stroller too as the Buzz is big and akward and a little heavy.

The baby jogger buggies are very popular with people at the play school some have the single and double version they like them so much.

I would recommend that you try one and see what you think.

Make a list of what you need in a buggy,ask people to try out theirs and then go to shops and take a look,go home price them and get a good deal.

Well I had a look at the firstwheels city elite you mentioned on another thread and I went ahead and got it! Very happy with how it looks and pops together will see how good it is when there is a baby in it! Thanks for all the advice!

Advertisement