Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the old dundrum shopping centre

Options
  • 09-10-2012 8:36pm

Can anyone help me remember the name of a shop that was on the first floor of the OLD shopping centre in Dundrum... it was down the Quinnsworth end, actually think it was the last shop on the corner perpendicular to Quinnsworth and Lifestyle and such. It sold knickknacks, ornaments and bath oils and stuff. It was one of my favourite places to visit as a child and teenager and I've been going crazy trying to remember the name. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Sounds similar to a chain all over Ireland in the 90s called Athena.

Ring a bell by any chance?

No, it wasn't that for sure... it was a small family run business, but thanks! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Try posting in the Dublin County South forum, the locals may have a better memory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Moved to Dublin County South, should hopefully get your answer there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

This is annoying me after reading this thread as I can't remember it either :pac:

• Advertisement

BDJW wrote: »
    This is annoying me after reading this thread as I can't remember it either :pac:

I know, right? Few weeks ago I asked my mother too, and she couldn't remember it... I'm sure it's right on the tip of my tongue, one day the penny will drop and I'll have an epiphany.

It was called Bright Ideas!!!!!

BDJW wrote: »
    It was called Bright Ideas!!!!!

Thank you!! Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight now I know this :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darraghb/417667967/

I remember being saddened by this sign; and damn if I haven't spent 30 mins trawling through that exact photostream looking for hints! Would have got there eventually :)

Thank you!! Hopefully I'll get a good night's sleep tonight now I know this :D

It was driving me mad yesterday evening and after about 2 hours I remembered the name of the place. I spent a fortune in there over the years on presents!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement