Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

800 + New jobs! Rejoice!

• 09-10-2012 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

You can't beat a bit of good news.

But what if was just relocating 700 currently existing jobs to a new plant and only creating 100?

that wouldn't be such good news.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

Better then a kick in the conkers....

• Registered Users Posts: 26 miker1983

PC CDROM wrote: »

But what if was just relocating 700 currently existing jobs to a new plant and only creating 100?

that wouldn't be such good news.

More info? Link??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

PC CDROM wrote: »
    You can if you link to whatever the hell it is you're on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Kerry Groups new plant I reckon. Check RTE, I can't link from my phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Every day they're shuffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,212 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thats what I love about the news. They report something like "...and 78 jobs are to be created next month" - yeah but there is still an unemployment rate of 14.9% :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

800 new jobs, training robots and chinese people to do the work of 8,000 existing jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

eth0 wrote: »
    800 new jobs, training robots and chinese people to do the work of 8,000 existing jobs

the smoke and mirrors are not that good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

And 100 are probably temporary construction jobs, but hey ho, all fruit fails, welcome haws.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stone roses

Dare i say it "great news for ireland" i hope nobody wipes my happy irish ass , im suppose to be consumed in pessimism and a positive outlook will not be tolerated in ireland

can we leave the negative behind for today and enjoy it? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Meanwhile back in the North Kerry unemployment black-spot, presided over by comatosed local politicians including Jimmy Deenihan chairing a North Kerry Jobs Task-Force...................................tumbleweed central.

Advertisement