Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BARF: local suppliers of offal (where to get)

• 09-10-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hi all, i have a fussy eater of a springer spaniel bitch that is 1 year old.
    having looked at all the options i have decided to put her on the barf diet.

i can get all the meat/offal from a local butcher but my main question would be:

is there anywhere that lists all the slaughterhouses so that i could see if there is anywhere local to me that i may buy it direct myself ??

many thanks for looking and your help in advance
    niall_b73

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭niall_b73

anybody ??

niall_b73

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Where are you based?

andreac wrote: »
    Where are you based?

hi andreac, i am based on the donegal/leitrim border just outside bundoran.
    so i guess sligo, north leitrim and southern donegal would be easiest for me.

thanks,
    niall_b73

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

try the golden pages;)

juniord wrote: »
    try the golden pages;)

tried all them searches and the results are either to far away or the company no longer exists.....

the reason i asked on here was i thought there might have been someone local to the same area to me that might have known a cheap outlet as to where to purchase the meat rather than a butcher.

thanks anyway,
    niall_b73

• Advertisement

Have you tried asking the local butcher maybe? Im not sure whats up in that area to be honest, sorry. You wouldnt need a huge amount from your butcher to feed a springer so what you get in the butchers should be enough really.

yeah i do have a local butcher lined up that said he would gewt me what ever i wanted.
    but i just thought that if i got it direct myself from the supplier it may work out cheaper and i could freeze any surplace saving on journeys to and from the butcher.

niall_b73

If you got the cut offs and all the bits they throw out as well it would work out cheap enough. Make sure you give raw bones like chicken wings, legs etc as they need the bone as well.

andreac wrote: »
    If you got the cut offs and all the bits they throw out as well it would work out cheap enough. Make sure you give raw bones like chicken wings, legs etc as they need the bone as well.

i have a recipie all worked out, i got it from a fella that did a video on youtube and he was more than helpful to help me out so yeah it does contain chicken wings also beef heart,ox heart, lambs heart, liver (a little of) green tripe veg and rice.

niall_b73

Advertisement