Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transaction gone through twice

Options
  • 09-10-2012 9:11pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    I was just at the shop and I used my laser card and the girl at the till said it didn't go through the first time so I had to do it a second time and it went through then But then when I got home I checked my balance and noticed double was taken 17.88 instead of 8.94,will this be credited back automatically or will I have to go back over to them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Hi
    I was just at the shop and I used my laser card and the girl at the till said it didn't go through the first time so I had to do it a second time and it went through then But then when I got home I checked my balance and noticed double was taken 17.88 instead of 8.94,will this be credited back automatically or will I have to go back over to them?

Was it 2 transactions of 8.94 each or one of 17.88?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

two transactions of 8.94,it wouldn't go through the first time,so had to re enter my pin

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

It *should* be listed as an authorisation in your account which means it's been taken from your available balance. The transaction normally drops off in a few days so keep an eye on it. If it's still there after 72 hours call the bank and get them to look at it from their back office end.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya its not showing up on my accont but i know the money has been taken twice because i knew how much i had before i payed for the goods if you know what i mean?

Just checked there again,it's actually showing under pending transactions.two payments of 8.94DR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

An authorisation, as described above, will show as a pending transaction until it expires.

Advertisement