Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Web-Based Document Management

Options
  • 09-10-2012 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a solution for a company's employees to share documents on. The criteria as follows:
    • Free (or inexpensive)
    • Web-based
    • Self-hostable
    • User-friendly

I'd rather not go with Google Docs or any other solution that I can't host on a server of my choice to be honest. Photograph hosting/viewing capabilities would be a bonus.

If you have any suggestions I'd be very happy to hear from you :)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 irishd

Take your pick ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_collaborative_software

If you're a Windows head, just use Sharepoint on a 2008 R2 Server.

If Linux is your thing, there's loads but I've used EpiWare in the past and it worked well when I needed to set something up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

@irishd: Another requirement I forgot to include was some online-editing functionality. Although it appears perfect in other respects, EpiWare doesn't include this.

All the same, thanks for taking the time to reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 irishd

You could also look at TeamLab

The hosted version has online editing. The free self-hosted version doesn't for now but there is a self-hosted commercial version on the way that does.

Advertisement