Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music player for Android and Windows Vista PC

• 09-10-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All,
    Here's my scenario :
    I have an old PC (2007) running Vista with my entire CD collection "ripped" onto I tunes.
    I now have a HTC Desire smart phone and Motorola Tablet, both Android.
    I would like to be able to copy selected music that is currently on Itunes on the PC to both mobile devices, and have both Android devices sync together going forward. I would like the option of having a backup of my music on my Windows 7 Laptop which currently has no music on it at all.

Is there any software available that will allow Vista, Windows 7 and Android work together? I would the option in the future to rip more CD's onto the Android devices also.

If the software is good and user friendly, I don't mind paying for it!

Anyone any ideas...?
    Thanks,
    B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The problem is neither Windows nor Android but Apple. :)

Your library probably contains mostly m4a files, PowerAmp will play this format on Android devices. In the future rip your CDs to MP3 or FLAC (lossless), both formats are supported natively by Android. WMP can rip to MP3, if you prefer FLAC, get EAC.

If you're looking for a decent audio player for Windows, Foobar2000 is your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Could you explain a bit more?

You want to transfer your music to both PC's, Your Phone and your Tablet?

USB key, P2P, FTP, Fileshare, Cloud etc..

If iTunes is confusing you, uninstall it.

Your tablet and Phone will only allow as much as it has storage. E.G. If your phone has 4GB internal, and a 16GB Micro SD card, you have about 18GB storage.

Tablet has 8GB internal and 32GB micro SD (Do motorola tablets have MicroSD?) Then you have about 36GB - 38GB for storing Music.

You could open a cloud storage account (Or a couple of different ones) And share your music via them.

There are loads of cloud storage options.

Wuala, SpiderOak, DropBox, Box etc..

Advertisement