Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas boiler leak!

Options
  • 09-10-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

well

came home this evening to puddle of water underneath the gas boiler, pipe seemed a little wet but noting else and seems to work ok. im wondering has anyone got any ideas what it could be and how to fix it? or any reasonable handyman/plumbers that could take care of it witout being ripped off? this owning a house is expensive.........

sound all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

well

came home this evening to puddle of water underneath the gas boiler, pipe seemed a little wet but noting else and seems to work ok. im wondering has anyone got any ideas what it could be and how to fix it? or any reasonable handyman/plumbers that could take care of it witout being ripped off? this owning a house is expensive.........

sound all.

All boiler using a mains gas supply will need to be serviced/ repaired/replaced by a registered gas installer for safety reasons.. Carbon monoxide is odourless and tasteless ... Just be careful

Try Fairfield gas.. Reasonable too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have pretty much the same problem.

Gas working fine, no water getting pumped to rads or taps.

Do I need a plumber or a gas contractor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I have pretty much the same problem.

Gas working fine, no water getting pumped to rads or taps.

Do I need a plumber or a gas contractor?

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

All boiler using a mains gas supply will need to be serviced/ repaired/replaced by a registered gas installer for safety reasons.. Carbon monoxide is odourless and tasteless ... Just be careful

Try Fairfield gas.. Reasonable too

Another vouch for fairfield gas. Find them excellent

longshanks wrote: »
    Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Really, that I can do!

Thanks a mil for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Really, that I can do!

Thanks a mil for that.

Lol bleeding the radiators still makes me feel like a legend at all the house work

Well, it wasnt the rads!

THe boiler has bit the bullet, had a brilliant guy out from Byrne gas this morning that comfirmed it.

Looking at €1600 for a replacement :0

I can get a 2nd hand boiler, but who would install it?

Couldnt see Byrne touching it and I know I have to get a REGI person.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sikie

What exactly does "bit the bullet" mean. Looking in from the outside it's all too ease in my mind for the REGI to come to this conclusion.

Repair = 1 more call out + part + time to repair = 150 to 200

Replace = 1 more call out + time to install = 400 + margin on new boiler.

Maybe a second opinion?

Advertisement