Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installed/uninstalled ChompSMS, now can't send texts... :-(

• 09-10-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭

Hi all, wonder if anyone has any tips for me with an odd little problem?

I recently installed ChompSMS on my LG P-970 aka Optimus Black, and within a few hours got sick of the (very invasive!) ads, so I uninstalled it. Now I can't send texts at all (although I can receive them, and voice calls are fine).

Cabbage seems to be unaffected, as you'd expect, but I need to text a mate in the UK and you can't do that with Meteor's webtexts. And he doesn't have a smartphone, so Viber/WhatsApp are no good either.

I've checked all the relevant settings, have tried disabling 3G and using GSM only, rebooting, etc., etc. It has my head wrecked!

I can't be 100% sure that ChompSMS is the culprit, but it's the only thing I changed in the last 24 hours, so I'm inclined to suspect it has something to do with that. Maybe not...

Anyone come across anything like this before? How'd you fix it? I'd like to avoid a reset to factory settings but unless anyone has any other suggestions I guess I'll have to try that next... :(

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Maybe try installing a different texting program like Go SMS Pro or Handcent and make either of them the default texting program? No real reason why one of them shouldn't work.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I had a somewhat similar problem the other night where I could send but couldn't receive texts on my Acer liquid mini. I tried a load of different SMS apps. My wife was trying to send me texts from her Optimus Black so I couldn't be 100% sure if it was her phone or mine (it was too late to text anyone else to get them to test). I swapped the SIMs between the phones and then I was able to send and receive from both. When I swapped them back both worked fine again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Thanks, all.

I'd tried Go SMS Pro, but no luck, and I'd checked that the Meteor message centre number was correct. I then downloaded my SMS/MMS and data settings afresh from the Meteor website, and still zilch.

So I've just done a complete factory reset, wiping everything bar media on the SD card, and ...bingo! Back in business.

'Course I now have to re-install a load of settings and re-download my apps — maybe a bit more selectively this time... :o

Advertisement