Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 pups found in cars.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I can't believed the traffickers were released already..there is no justice! What does charged with animal cruelty mean... prob a bloody slap on the wrists knowing this country. Shocking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

As horrific as this story obviously is, there is one good thing to have come from it- the general public are actually discussing it. I work in a shop, and the amount of customers bringing up this story with me this week has actually surprised me- it's great that the story is getting so much coverage. For many of the people I spoke to, this is their first time hearing about puppy farms, and if it gets them talking about them with each other, or being more careful and advising other to be more careful, then we just might have discovered the silver lining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

will they be taken to court on this, will their names be published so people who sell puppies keep a wide berth of tem,
    they should at the least have been banned for llife from ever having animals at the address where they live, and what i mean by address where they live is, they could be living with partners and they the owners of a dog while pretending that the oh is owner,

and 20,000 euro each of a fine, or 10 yrs in jail
    so that any monies they have already earned could be put back into the dogs trust fund

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

goat2 wrote: »
    will they be taken to court on this, will their names be published so people who sell puppies keep a wide berth of tem,
    they should at the least have been banned for llife from ever having animals at the address where they live, and what i mean by address where they live is, they could be living with partners and they the owners of a dog while pretending that the oh is owner,

and 20,000 euro each of a fine, or 10 yrs in jail
    so that any monies they have already earned could be put back into the dogs trust fund

Why should it be put into the dogs trust fund, they haven't had anything to do with this at all.

Obviously this is heartbreaking and disgusting, but what law have they actually broken? The breeding establishment law didn't make it illegal to run a puppy farm, if anything, its legalised it. As long as you pay your money and buy the licence, you can have as many breeding bitches as you want.

Registration fees for dog breeding establishments have been set out as follows:

Where no more than 18 bitches are kept: €400
    Between 19 and 30 bitches: €800
    Between 31 and100 bitches: €1,600
    Between 101 and 200 bitches: €3,000
    More than 200 bitches: €3,000, and €1,600 for every 100 bitches thereafter.

So be angry at these people definitely, but also be angry at a government that allows a bill like this to be passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

More Pups found in A Van

http://www.herald.ie/news/more-pups-rescued-in-van-swoop-325863.html
    GARDAI and animal welfare officers uncovered another 56 puppies in a dog smuggling operation in Dublin Port.
    The animals were discovered in two cardboard boxes in the back of a van on Thursday.
    http://www.dspca.ie/cat_news_detail.jsp?itemID=3707
    PuppySeizure1.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

This was also reported on sky news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hey guys. another load of dogs were found yesterday in Tipperary Town, 15 pups and small breed they are believed to have been stolen from the owners in the Munster area, only 4 of them were chipped, but atleast those will be going home. If anyone knows anyone who had a dog stolen please tell them to contact the CSPCA, Limerick Pound and DSPCA or contact the Gardai in Tipperary Town or Limerick City.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/stolen-dogs-recovered-in-limerick-tipperary-operation/5583b6f3-0f84-4f25-9703-9ed88b97f30a

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

This is unbelieavable what is happening. I hope all those little puppies get reunited with their owners. The laws regarding the protection of animals are ridiculous. Its good at least these cases are being discovered and people are being made more aware of whats happening.

Advertisement