Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry 2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hightower1969

Travelling down from Trim Co Meath. Is there a place where bike can be checked over that it travelled ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KenDowling

If the roads are in a bad way is two spare tubes enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

any last minute entrys going spare please pm

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

KenDowling wrote: »
    If the roads are in a bad way is two spare tubes enough.

Are you going via Southern Yemen?

Seriously Ken, the roads are fine. 2 tubes should have you defintely covered. And if it didn't I don't think any support vehicle would begrudge you a spare tube if you have two punctured ones.

At least it looks like the rain jackets can stay at home (touching the wooden table as I type;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 8 john23rd

Hi everyone,
    i want to do the ring but not registered. anyone registered who is not going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭jtown

Are you going via Southern Yemen?

Seriously Ken, the roads are fine. 2 tubes should have you defintely covered. And if it didn't I don't think any support vehicle would begrudge you a spare tube if you have two punctured ones.

At least it looks like the rain jackets can stay at home (touching the wooden table as I type;)).

Should you bring a spare tube? I don't have any at the moment. Have cycled 750km and got 1 puncture, am I just lucky

I want to cycle the ROK but im not registered. anyone got a registration they are not taking up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

jtown wrote: »
    Should you bring a spare tube? I don't have any at the moment. Have cycled 750km and got 1 puncture, am I just lucky
    You shouldn't cycle anywhere without a spare tube, whatever about being lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

You shouldn't cycle anywhere without a spare tube, whatever about being lucky.

..and a pump + tyre levers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

BailMeOut wrote: »
    ..and a pump + tyre levers!

They do help, I'll admit :P

• Advertisement

They do help, I'll admit :P

Must go shopping!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

You should bring one so that you can get yourself back on the road asap without having ring for support. Leave the support for those with serious mechanical problems. People with broken chains and deraileurs have enough to deal with trying to finish the ROK in a single gear without having to wait for ages for someone to help them.
    You will survive fine without a pump or even tyre levers and someone will pull in to help if you roar " have you got a pump" at them. But unless you have the tube changed and ready to go (most) people will be slow to stop for 10 mins while you find and patch the puncture.
    So yeah spend the fiver and if you don't have a little saddle bag just cable tie it to the bike.

You should bring one so that you can get yourself back on the road asap without having ring for support. Leave the support for those with serious mechanical problems. People with broken chains and deraileurs have enough to deal with trying to finish the ROK in a single gear without having to wait for ages for someone to help them.
    You will survive fine without a pump or even tyre levers and someone will pull in to help if you roar " have you got a pump" at them. But unless you have the tube changed and ready to go (most) people will be slow to stop for 10 mins while you find and patch the puncture.
    So yeah spend the fiver and if you don't have a little saddle bag just cable tie it to the bike.

Thanks for your message... I get on it asap - First time doing the Ring :(

Looking for a registration. i left it too late. anyone not going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I think we heard you 20 minutes ago..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Uberbeamerman

john23rd wrote: »
    Looking for a registration. i left it too late. anyone not going?

I'd say demand for ROK registrations would equal that of county final tickets at this stage...
    Hate to say it but at this stage your best bet is to put the date in your diary for next year and apply in plenty of time.

Thanks for your message... I get on it asap - First time doing the Ring :(

Another thing you could consider are gatorskin tyres....handy to have the peace of mind going around the ROK

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

Gatorskins are the best thing ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

Ok serious ROK question, I'm not too familiar with Killarney, where will be good spot for a bit of crack on the Friday or Saturday night in Killarney? Don't drink but still enjoy a good laugh and the buzz. I'm guessing nearly everywhere with 8000 souls descending but would be interested in thoughts on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ryan mccarthy

any one sell a ring of kerry place if pzz some one help me out i really like to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭paulgalway

any one sell a ring of kerry place if you are i pay you and pzz some one help me out i really like to do it

Think you need to remove mobile number, not sure if it is allowed, but definitely not advisable putting your mobile number in a discussion forum.

Ask for a pm.

Number removed

any one sell a ring of kerry place if pzz some one help me out i really like to do it

I'd say demand for ROK registrations would equal that of county final tickets at this stage...
    Hate to say it but at this stage your best bet is to put the date in your diary for next year and apply in plenty of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ryan mccarthy

yah i thought i did enter but yah next year i but it in my diary thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

The ROK crowd will be tiny compared to the Munster Final crowd. Will be a great buzz. Scotts or just walk around
    detones wrote: »
    Ok serious ROK question, I'm not too familiar with Killarney, where will be good spot for a bit of crack on the Friday or Saturday night in Killarney? Don't drink but still enjoy a good laugh and the buzz. I'm guessing nearly everywhere with 8000 souls descending but would be interested in thoughts on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

wup wup got a registration, il be doing the ring :) with pretty much zero training haha the best way to do it sure

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Interesting to look at accommodation availability in Killarney for the weekend with the ROK and the Munster Final.

Some of the hotels that raised their prices like the Muckross Park and Killarney Park may have unoccupied rooms as they are still only half full.

Penalty free cancellations should see lots of available rooms by Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

wup wup got a registration, il be doing the ring :) with pretty much zero training haha the best way to do it sure

Did the organisers do a u turn on numbers registering. Seems that everyone that put their name down after registration closed with charity has been contacted and offered a "cancellation" place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

regress wrote: »
    Did the organisers do a u turn on numbers registering. Seems that everyone that put their name down after registration closed with charity has been contacted and offered a "cancellation" place.

They only put a date on online entries closing. I assume they did this so they could be sure numbers were accurate and hand out the last 100-200 or so themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Was there food after the event in previous years? Was it any good?

Asking because we're trying to arrange dinner for our group on Saturday evening (7 people), but most restaurants are booked up...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

fullerand wrote: »
    Was there food after the race in previous years? ..

what race?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement