Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Citrus is the free flavour this Year.
    Ye drop by Friday as dont know if it will be me up the mountain this year.

Tell you what. Anyone that mentions there a boardsie will get a few free samples of high 5 zero and a discount off other products if needed.
    I will have to call over to stock up.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Can anyone remember if there was a goody bag last year. Nothing worse than parking in the assigned car park and cycling the mile down to sign in ready for the off. Then you are handed a goody bag with a new water bottle and some stuff in it which you can't drag around 180K so you give it to the oppertunist kids standing around awaiting aforementioned jetsam.
    Probably doesn't apply for the ROK since it's a charity event, can't recall though from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Can anyone remember if there was a goody bag last year. Nothing worse than parking in the assigned car park and cycling the mile down to sign in ready for the off. Then you are handed a goody bag with a new water bottle and some stuff in it which you can't drag around 180K so you give it to the oppertunist kids standing around awaiting aforementioned jetsam.
    Probably doesn't apply for the ROK since it's a charity event, can't recall though from last year.

No goody bag.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Eamonnator wrote: »
    No goody bag.

right. not going so.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Pasta event on Friday evening!

1012333_179461552230115_2064194796_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

mossym wrote: »
    right. not going so.

;)

That's fair enough, it is for charity so the last thing you want is stuff taking away from the bottom line.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the dude who did it the last few years on the High Nellie and then the BMX, if he's not on a unicycle this time I for one will feel very let down.
    :D

That's fair enough, it is for charity so the last thing you want is stuff taking away from the bottom line.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the dude who did it the last few years on the High Nellie and then the BMX, if he's not on a unicycle this time I for one will feel very let down.
    :D

he is doing it on a penny-farthing this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

This is of interest for anyone going by train:

http://www.irishrail.ie/ringofkerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Accommodation going for the sat night. Have had to change plans. Single room in Killarney B&B, n Muckross Drive.
    €50, less deposit paid.
    PM if interested

room gone

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

Might have to pick up some gels, I know I'll be lagging with 40km to go.

Never used them before sure whats the worst that can happen :P

• Advertisement

Jovetic wrote: »

don't do them if you have never taken before. They gave me a huge stomach pain first (and last time) I took some.

The barmbrack in Kenmare will get you to the finish line just fine!

Jovetic wrote: »

Yeah, +1 for the brack. Almost got sick the first sportive when I used a gel in the middle of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

A friend at work cannot now do the Ring of Kerry due to an injury and has an entry available for the €60 he paid, if anyone is interested.
    I will have it in the Glen Eagle on Friday evening if anyone is interested send me a PM.

Entry is GONE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

whats the story with charity registrations? do i have to turn up friday evening or sat morning to register before hand or do i just turn up for the cycle with my number and band?

Dónal wrote: »
    Yeah, +1 for the brack. Almost got sick the first sportive when I used a gel in the middle of it.

:(

What about those energy chocolate bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

whats the story with charity registrations? do i have to turn up friday evening or sat morning to register before hand or do i just turn up for the cycle with my number and band?

I'm going for option B.

So if I'm wrong, at least you won't be on your own! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

According to the email, that I got from the charity, just turn up and cycle.
    No need to register.
    This only applies, if you've already registered with a charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

For anyone reading in here from the organising committee: A Huge Well Done on the organisation. Small bitta rockie start; but seriously, Well Done!

Killarney is looking lovely; Every business seems to be making a real effort this year especially with some of the shop-fronts!

Almost time for the off now, but wanted to say that I hope you are all proud, a Great Job done thus far :)

Welcome to all participating cyclists also; Hope you all Enjoy your time in Killarney & Best of Luck on the Day!

For anyone participating for the first-time, I'll be taking part as a newbie also (& wearing my boarsdie jersey) so say hello if you see me. My back is far from great, but I've raised monies for charity on the condition that I would & there is such a buzz around the town this past week I'm just going to try it and see how I get on, for the year that is in it! Will struggle no doubt in places; but it's not a race so once I complete it in time to work my early-shift on Sunday at 7am then I'll be grand :)

Thanks also to everyone who has posted in here for the guidance, support & general banter since this thread first started. I did get a boost from reading in here I must say!

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Thanks also to everyone who has posted in here for the guidance, support & general banter since this thread first started. I did get a boost from reading in here I must say!

+1 Looking forward to a great day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Jules_G

I hope you all have a great day!

Can't wait to read about your experiences after the event :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭merc230ce

So what am I forgetting??

I have:
    Water bottle x 2
    Energy drink mix sachets
    Bag mixed fruit & nuts x 2
    Sunglasses
    Garmin
    Vaseline
    Gel saddle cover
    Factor 50+
    Spare tube & pump
    Rain jacket (in saddle bag)

Anything else?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DrChristianTroy

Guys can anyone recommend a bike shop in Killarney to get a quick adjustment done? Mount for mudguard (under caliper) is rubbing and don't have tools with me.

merc230ce wrote: »

I have:
    Water bottle x 2
    Energy drink mix sachets
    Sunglasses
    Garmin
    Vaseline
    Gel saddle cover
    Factor 50+
    Spare tube & pump

Anything else?

bike

Guys can anyone recommend a bike shop in Killarney to get a quick adjustment done? Mount for mudguard (under caliper) is rubbing and don't have tools with me.

see post #816 above; they might be gone now though?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Try The Big Little Bike Shop
    https://www.facebook.com/denis.biglittlebike

or
    Motion Cycles
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motion-Cycles/478074722221231

Almost forgot my cycling shoes when packing there,phew

I have:
    Water bottle x 2
    Energy drink mix sachets
    Sunglasses
    Garmin
    Vaseline
    Gel saddle cover
    Factor 50+
    Spare tube & pump

Anything else?

Jersey and shorts? Gloves?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

+1 On The Big Little Bike Shop, lads in there really know their stuff.

I have:
    Water bottle x 2
    Energy drink mix sachets
    Sunglasses
    Garmin
    Vaseline
    Gel saddle cover
    Factor 50+
    Spare tube & pump

Anything else?

Bike multi tool and tyre levers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

siblers wrote: »
    +1 On The Big Little Bike Shop, lads in there really know their stuff.

yeah denis is sound out

• Advertisement

You are about to embark upon a great crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of cycling loving people everywhere march with you.

Your task will not be an easy one, but you are well trained, well equipped and battle hardened, and will fight savagely.

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement