Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Guys can anyone recommend a bike shop in Killarney to get a quick adjustment done? Mount for mudguard (under caliper) is rubbing and don't have tools with me.

O sullivans near the cathedral should sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

I was watching the London marathon recently and as some of the finishers crossed the line in a pretty sore condition Steve cram commented "All the training you do over the months is not just to complete the course quickly but it does enable you to complete the course, and yes there will be aches and pains but they will go away and you will always be left with sense of achievement that you have completed the course."
    So good luck to everyone taking part on Saturday, especially the newbies, enjoy the day and have a safe cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Jovetic wrote: »
    You are about to embark upon a great crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of cycling loving people everywhere march with you.

Your task will not be an easy one, but you are well trained, well equipped and battle hardened, and will fight savagely.

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking

Dwight D. Eisenhower. June 1944

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

JUST ONE MORE SLEEP...

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭brownetara

Great stuff,we#ll see youthere Friday night!

Presume there's no Guinness flavour?? :)
    blahblah06 wrote: »
    To all fellow boardsies heading to the ring.
    Ill be working at the high 5 stand on the Friday so if your looking for high 5 just ask for blahblah from boards and ill look after ya.
    Good luck to all.
    Ps there will also be a BBB parts tent if anyone needs last minute parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

merc230ce wrote: »
    So what am I forgetting??

I have:
    Water bottle x 2
    Energy drink mix sachets
    Bag mixed fruit & nuts x 2
    Sunglasses
    Garmin
    Vaseline
    Gel saddle cover
    Factor 50+
    Spare tube & pump
    Rain jacket (in saddle bag)

Anything else?

Helmet (it's in the rules)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

bike

Helmet ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gattacca

Went to load my bike into the car last night and had a flat rear tyre from cycle on Wednesday! FFS! Hope that's the only tube change this weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

ace-ventura-undies-o.gif

WARM!!!!

So what am I forgetting??

I have:
    Water bottle x 2
    Energy drink mix sachets
    Bag mixed fruit & nuts x 2
    Sunglasses
    Garmin
    Vaseline
    Gel saddle cover
    Factor 50+
    Spare tube & pump
    Rain jacket (in saddle bag)

Anything else?

Take out the rain jacket and chuck in a second tube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Normally only carry one water bottle but put on another cage for tomorrow.
    Anyone know what the best fit supermarket "off the shelf" water bottle is for a cage. Obviously the volvic is out as is the fatter Ballygowen.
    Any suggestions.

Go to blahblah's High5 stand and pick up a proper bottle. It'll only be a few euro, and may even be free if you buy other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

ohhhh scorcher incoming :D ive a fine farmers/cyclists tan prepared for just such an occurrence

Soarer wrote: »
    Go to blahblah's High5 stand and pick up a proper bottle. It'll only be a few euro, and may even be free if you buy other stuff.

I will if Blah blah is there at 6.30 in the morning. Bit of a gamble though leaving it till the last (ier) minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

have we all decided that there no need to bring rain coats? I can fit a lot of fig rolls in the space it takes up in my jersey pocket!

According to Accuweather, there's a 6% chance of rain. I reckon we're safe enough.
    It'll be so warm you'll be dry in half an hour anyway! ;)

Hourly forecast for Killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hogs1965

D

getting pretty excited right now! must be a fecking masochist, if ye see a lad in black and white wiggle shorts on a caad 10 laughing while simultaneously looking close to death say hello and maybe give me a tow of some sort ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Frere Jacques Evian do a 750ml contour bottle that will fit snuggly in the standard cage. Can be difficult to track down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Best of luck to all doing this tomorrow. Really looking forward to it and to seeing the Kingdom from my rothar. Feeling good about the distance having managed 145k last Sunday, all be it in a large group. I'll be in my Swords CC gear riding a white and red Cube. Say hello if you see me. I'll be the lump you see lashing along the flats and going snails pace over anything resembling a hill ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Been granted a last minute pass to ride this year, so if anyone has a registration they don't need, be delighted to take it off their hands. Can meet tonight in Killarney.

Normally only carry one water bottle but put on another cage for tomorrow.
    Anyone know what the best fit supermarket "off the shelf" water bottle is for a cage. Obviously the volvic is out as is the fatter Ballygowen.
    Any suggestions.

River rock, 750 ml I think?

ROK ON, any food recommendations for Killarney?

got a steak in the porthouse the last night, twas delicious if thats any good to you :)

Cleaned my bike. Ready for ring. Lots of bananas. Pints tomorrow night after cycle pending.

Where is the exact start point tomorrow? Is it the new street car park or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭merc230ce

Amprodude wrote: »
    Cleaned my bike. Ready for ring. Lots of bananas. Pints tomorrow night after cycle pending.

But is your ring ready? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭nordicb

I'm ready to... RoK :) Best of luck everyone, seems it's gonna be a nice day indeed.

But is your ring ready? :D

Probably puke the Ring out before i finish. :D

Thanks for the recommendations. Come trusty Trek, I must away to the shoppe.
    Getting giddy now. It will be cold early morning so my plan is to pop a thermal under the jersey for the morning cycle and throw some hang sandwiches into the jersey pocket. At about 10am stop for a break, wolf down the sangers thereby making room for the thermal which I can now take off and stow. If you see a guy wearing a few ham sandwiches trying to eat a thermal vest, then the excitment has been too much and I've finally lost it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

any epo floating around lads???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement