Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Me again!

The jersey is great for being spotted in pics. Couldnt find any of me last year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

shaydy wrote: »

Its certainly not an event for beginners, some tough climbs and I'm not sure about bringing a child in a buggy on a trip like that if only for the simple reason a child usually gets bored siting in a car for a few hours let alone 6-8 hours etc but good luck to them

Don't agree shaydy . ROK is starting spot for alot of people to get into the tougher sportives, the sense of achievement a nd fun of the day gets people addicted. The climbs are drags and are never steep and know plenty of people who get on Bike just for rok only. Doing a small bit of training before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ron_Noco

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shaydy

Sorry but that's rubbish. It was this event that me and my buddies got into cycling for, all beginners. Follow the training plan and you'll be fine. There are only 2 climbs in the whole day. Keep eating and keep drinking and go at a moderate pace and the ROK is a straight forward spin albeit a long slog. It's more in the head than anything else. Just keep the crank turning and you'll get home alright.
    shaka wrote: »
    Don't agree shaydy . ROK is starting spot for alot of people to get into the tougher sportives, the sense of achievement a nd fun of the day gets people addicted. The climbs are drags and are never steep and know plenty of people who get on Bike just for rok only. Doing a small bit of training before.

I've probably left my comment a bit wide open here, my meaning was this - during the day I seen a lot of cyclists that seemed to have just picked a bike up for the first time that morning and decided to "give it a go". IMO its a pretty big task for someone to take on without any decent training behind them. Also, I wouldnt class someone who can go out and put in 80k spins a beginner but I know some on here will class anyone who doesnt race a beginner for example or you could say its someones first event a beginner etc etc so its open to interpretation

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just throwing this out there as the band at the Top of Molls Gaps when I reached up were just rockin' this out :) Fair Play Guys, Massive Atmosphere up there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

mossym wrote: »
    spent teh day looking for anyone riding another rose and failed. i've only seen one other owner, and that was triathy.

Haha, we must have missed each other so, because I was on the same mission!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Haha, we must have missed each other so, because I was on the same mission!

at least now i know i wasn't alone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Anymore links for photos? I have to have got in at least one? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Best Kit: Has to be the Mars Bar gang....mmmmmm. I was dreaming of chocolate all day!

th?id=H.4808504696963813&pid=15.1&w=110&h=126&p=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Anymore links for photos? I have to have got in at least one? haha

I actually think I went through every picture from last years RoK when they became available and never found even 1 of our group of 4. Good luck with your hunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I actually think I went through every picture from last years RoK when they became available and never found even 1 of our group of 4. Good luck with your hunt.

Are the photos up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Ya if you go back through this thread there are links to face book pages that posted during the week There's a short video on the RoK face book page today as well...... Lots of enda :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

This time last weekend I was in Sneem :cool:

Thank god we weren't cycling in this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Jovetic wrote: »
    This time last weekend I was in Sneem :cool:

Thank god we weren't cycling in this weather!

This time last week I was revelling and making up for the slagging I got in previous years for never haven cycled the Ring Of Kerry! Delira with myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

http://www.killarneycameraclub.ie/
    14 July 2013 - Ring of Kerry 2013
    Posted by Seamus Long

We are currently busy editing, preparing and sizing the thousands of images that we took on during the cycle on Saturday 6th July. We hope to have them available here by the end of July. So please check back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

cheers, finally found one of a few of us going over the finish line

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Hu Deman

Does anyone know if there are jerseys still available anywhere??

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭listrybabe

Hu Deman wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are jerseys still available anywhere??

what size?

I'm looking for a XXL . Tried a few places but they were all gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭listrybabe

I'm looking for a XXL . Tried a few places but they were all gone.

i ended up with 2 xxxl if that any use to you , one never worn

Will PM you later, are they tight or loose fitting jerseys?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Depends how much you like pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

There normal fitting I'm a medium and got a medium and its fairly snug

Anybody know what was the energy drink that was given out at the top of coomakiska , orange taste and it was in a white sachet and you mixed it with 500mls of water, hoping to get more but finding it online without a name is difficult

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

I can't remember fully, but was it High5?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

I brought one home with me and still have it.
    It was High 5 Energy Source. The one I have is Citrus Flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Ron_Noco wrote: »
    Anybody know what was the energy drink that was given out at the top of coomakiska , orange taste and it was in a white sachet and you mixed it with 500mls of water, hoping to get more but finding it online without a name is difficult

Cheers

I was probably the one who gave you it..
    Yes it is High 5 Energy Source Citrus you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Methinks your cunning marketing ploy may have worked. I'll expect you to be at the top of the Healy pass with more of the same.:)

• Advertisement

blahblah06 wrote: »
    I was probably the one who gave you it..
    Yes it is High 5 Energy Source Citrus you are looking for.

And good stuff it was too :) cheers

Thanks to all that replied :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement