Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry 2013

1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭jtown

deeell wrote: »
    Hi,

as the web admin for killarneycameraclub.ie, I appreciated finding out about the issues with the Ring Of Kerry photos on here.

As you imagine, working with over 16000 images is a little difficult, and unnoticed mistakes can creep in.

I have added the links to pages 2 and 3 of the 1500 - 1600 Finish Line album now.

If anybody wants to share the ROK photos with a friend, please use the following link...
    http://www.killarneycameraclub.ie/rok.php
    which is a link to the gallery, within the main Killarney Camera Club website.

While the website seems to be working quite well, if you are experiencing delays in page loads, please be patient. The site has used 76GB worth of bandwidth in the first 3 days of August alone.

Happy hunting.

D

In all fairness absolutely brilliant work. Cant wait till next year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

This just popped up on face book, the RoK organizing committee are conducting a brief survey asking people a few Questions on this years cycle, and there is a comment box on suggestions/ improvements for next year. Check out your news feeds, it should be in there somewhere. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Saw that and gave them a few comments about the debacle of the entry fee/fund-raising hullaballoo - with as much by way of constructive suggestions as I could think of esp. to more widely publicise the option of registering directly with your charity of choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

deeell wrote: »
    Hi,

as the web admin for killarneycameraclub.ie, I appreciated finding out about the issues with the Ring Of Kerry photos on here.

As you imagine, working with over 16000 images is a little difficult, and unnoticed mistakes can creep in.

I have added the links to pages 2 and 3 of the 1500 - 1600 Finish Line album now.

If anybody wants to share the ROK photos with a friend, please use the following link...
    http://www.killarneycameraclub.ie/rok.php
    which is a link to the gallery, within the main Killarney Camera Club website.

While the website seems to be working quite well, if you are experiencing delays in page loads, please be patient. The site has used 76GB worth of bandwidth in the first 3 days of August alone.

Happy hunting.

D

Ah that was massive work by you guys in the Killarney Camera Club, you should all be proud! :)

I spotted myself in one, yeah my kinda 'fcuk this, 180km cycle round the entire RingofKerry, has it ended yet, don't talk to me right now' expression :o

Thanks!

Loved the way you guys broke each segment down; and then broken down again by time-frame - can only imagine the hours that went in for this. Wow!

Still re-call making my plan of the Ring of Kerry breaking down my cycle into manageable segments with sciatica; A-B is x long -> break; B-C is x long -> break ... Didn't do to that plan on the day; just went with the plan that developed as our day unfolded. Just mself and this lad from Waterford; a blow-in to North Cork and it worked out far better than any pre-plan.

The doubts before-hand; that killing self-doubt; the strength of mind; the finish-line.
    Out-standing Days' Cycle was the Ring of Kerry 2013.

Thanks again to all who assisted in every way,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

glad you found your pic, ive no joy finding mine!! disappointed! tonnes of pics but alas no good only loads of pics of Sean Kelly mp!!! great

• Advertisement

A wopping €1,151,217 raised by the Radio Kerry Ring of Kerry Cycle this year! I'm in awe here for the 8 Kerry Charities involved - Congrats & Well Done to all involved in the 30th Ring Of Kerry Charity Cycle 2013 :)

~ Cúnamh Iveragh - A special home for special people
    ~ Down Syndrome Ireland (Kerry Branch)
    ~ Kerry Mountain Rescue Team
    ~ Kerry Rape & Sexual Abuse Centre
    ~ Pieta House - Suicide Crisis Centre, Self Harm Crisis Centre
    ~ Recovery Haven Cancer Support House
    ~ Kerry Lifeline at SouthWest Counselling Centre - Suicide Prevention in Kerry
    ~ Kerry Branch of the Irish Society of Autism

Thanks again Everyone,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

Has registration opened for next year yet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Masala

A wopping €1,151,217 raised by the Radio Kerry Ring of Kerry Cycle this year

.. have to say I am surprised at that fig. At lease €300k more than last year!!!!!

I actually thought that it would be down instead...

...strange!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Jovetic wrote: »
    Has registration opened for next year yet :P

It usually opens around mid march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Any word on the video?

• Advertisement

New for 2014! I heard that registration would be in December of this year, for 2014.

Read it also this morning right here in the Examiner at the end of the article.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement