Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else had issues with bikeworld ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 varadamo

well just a few comments about the thread - i didnt request the staff member to make me a cup of coffee - i merely enquired if they had a coffee machine as i had 25 mins to wait ( forgot to mention that after leaving bikeworld still fuming i went firstly to honda off the m50 - and happen to notice ..... a coffee machine . after ranting to them ( i really was fuming ) they offered me a coffee , then when it was clear they didnt have a lid i liked - they rang cotters to confirm that they had such a lid - now theres good service )
    also wanted to mention that cotters took a tenner off my lid ( was only 80 euro ) and took a few quid off another item i bought there - also good service - bottom line - vote with your wheels - i wont ever go back to bikeworld

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

terrydel wrote: »
    I then got a voucher for 100 euro for Christmas from my Dad, who didnt know of this dispute. But I wasnt gonna spend money there again, so I asked the manager to refund my Dad as a sign of goodwill. My dad wouldnt have a lot of money, but the ****er wouldnt refund it.
    He is a wanker plain and simple.
    Stay away from them, thats my advice.

TBH very few places refund vouchers. The best you could have done is sold it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Falling_down_still-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Del2005 wrote: »
    TBH very few places refund vouchers. The best you could have done is sold it on.

I appreciate that to be fair. I ddnt expect and or think it was my right that it be refunded. I just explained that after all the trouble he'd caused me, and with my dad being an innocent party and not someone with a lot of money, it would be a small gesture of goodwill to refund it. He obviously wasnt even willing to do that, but thats their perogative, just as it is mine to bring the issue to people's attention on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Have never been in cotters, but if nothing is prices in there I never will. I never go into shops with nothing priced, drives me mental!
    varadamo wrote: »
    a bit more info - called into this place as i was goin to treat myself to a new lid - upstairs closed for lunch so i couldnt browse the lids -25 mins to wait then ! asked at counter if there was a coffee / tea machine around .
    told to go to cafe up the road . i made a comment about poor customer service ( suppose im used to free coffee at joe duffys / honda balymount etc... ) went outside to look at bikes as i had still 10 mins to wait to browse the lids upstairs - this lad follows me out and tells me he,s the manager and proceeded to give out to me in a VERY condesending manner ! he told me he was not a cafe and had no staff to open at lunchtime as nobody was buyn anything - i told him i wanted to but i couldnt - he then told me i could leave if i wished which i duly did !!
    btw i love to give praise for GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE - went straight to crossons and told them about my ordeal - they offered to make me coffee as i browsed and then BOUGHT MY NEW LID - pays to treat your customers with respect
    If that's your complaint OP, I have far more sympathy for the people working in bikeworld than you. Imagine having to listen to shíte from customers about not having no coffee. In a fecken bike shop? Jesus wept!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Whenever I'm shopping for gear I go to bikeworld as it's just down the road from me, and I've never had any problems with their customer service. Bought a pair of trousers from them and they knocked a bit off the price no problem, bought a new lid just last week, and the staff member I was dealing with had no problem showing me all the lids, and telling me the differences between them, checking things were the right fit etc.

I'd say being closed for lunch is fair enough, and I wouldnt expect a coffee/tea machine in any shop I go into. You hardly find them in HMV :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Cienciano wrote: »
    If that's your complaint OP, I have far more sympathy for the people working in bikeworld than you. Imagine having to listen to shíte from customers about not having no coffee. In a fecken bike shop? Jesus wept!

So, you can't read, is that it ?
    Either the OP's original post, or his clarification of what he actually said ?

To use your own words - imagine having to listen to....

Fwiw, I've bought a few bits and pieces in person, because it was easy,and I'm not going to talk myself out of a bargain, when presented with one.

But the one time I went there with a view to buying a bike - which they had in stock - I found them to be the most condescending shower of prciks. Quoted list price only, seemed completely disinterested, I had phoned from Galway the day before, to enquire, told them I was coming up specifically to see it. When I got there they wouldn't give you the time of day - something more interesting in that days Red Top paper (it was a 'she' btw, on the floor that day...) you'd swear you were asking them for a blood transfusion.

I wanted to sit on the bike, and asked about a test ride. I was allowed to sit on it in the shop, but no test ride. When I pursued this a bit and pointing out there was no way I was spending 8k without driving it, she asked me 'if I knew anyone who had one I could borrow/try'. Really ? Ya think ? So I rode 140 miles each way - think I would have done that if there was one locally ?

Aresholes.

And yes, a cup of tea/coffee would the least I'd expect after making that much effort.

Long story short, got back to Galway, straight on the 'net, and bought the same model bike, ex-demo, from a dealer in the UK, and it was delivered to my door, on a pallet. Unstrapped it, and rode it home.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 35,057 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've experienced both sides of the coin. Tried to book a service for my bike a few years ago (when they were the only official dealer for that bike in Ireland) and was pretty much told over the phone to PFO because the previous owner grey imported it, and they were far too busy to take my money. Well, FU2 :mad: they've lost that franchise btw

On the other hand I've never had any problems in the clothing part, and the Dainese gear is good value for what it is. The prices on the other stuff isn't always great but these days you have to check the internet price before going to any shop. *shrug*

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

They took the time to find a find an air filter for the Kawasaki twin, and the only problems came with some staff that didn't have cop on. I honestly don't like the location, because getting in there by the most convenient route involves crossing a few lanes.

galwaytt wrote: »
    So, you can't read, is that it ?
    Either the OP's original post, or his clarification of what he actually said ?

To use your own words - imagine having to listen to....

Picture removed by P.C.

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote: »
    I've experienced both sides of the coin. Tried to book a service for my bike a few years ago (when they were the only official dealer for that bike in Ireland) and was pretty much told over the phone to PFO because the previous owner grey imported it, and they were far too busy to take my money. Well, FU2 :mad: they've lost that franchise btw

On the other hand I've never had any problems in the clothing part, and the Dainese gear is good value for what it is. The prices on the other stuff isn't always great but these days you have to check the internet price before going to any shop. *shrug*

The dianese gear is well priced as they have no control over its pricing, its imposed by dainese as far as I'm aware, and they cannot adjust it.

They took the time to find a find an air filter for the Kawasaki twin, and the only problems came with some staff that didn't have cop on. I honestly don't like the location, because getting in there by the most convenient route involves crossing a few lanes.

They are the main dealer for kawasaki, I'd think that should be a given with them!
    You seem to set the bar very low mate, in terms of what you feel is good service from a dealership!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Nope, just outright refused.

The only reason our local dealer ended up dealing with them was because when he rang Dainese directly to place the order he was told that he'd have to go through BW because they are the distributor in Ireland which is fair enough but they then refused to take an order from our local dealer and us directly. In fairness, Dainese gear isn't cheap and we were looking for jacket, trousers, boots and gloves x2 so they lost out on a large sale there.

That's strange that Dainese didn't take your order over the phone. Ordered jeans and gloves from the Dainese website and they arrived in about 2 weeks direct from Italy.

Shipping was fairly cheap and no having to worry about the tax man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

That's strange that Dainese didn't take your order over the phone. Ordered jeans and gloves from the Dainese website and they arrived in about 2 weeks direct from Italy.

Shipping was fairly cheap and no having to worry about the tax man

Yeah they said it had to go through their main distributor here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

urbanledge wrote: »
    It drives me mad the way nothing is priced in cottors.
    Have never been in cotters, but if nothing is prices in there I never will. I never go into shops with nothing priced, drives me mental!
    I'm pretty sure they have prices on at lease some items. When I was in last month they had prices on thermals, cargo nets, indicators and other such spares, bags, gloves. I didn't look at lids, boots or jackets so I can't say about them.

I found the tags from a set of gloves I bought that time and it has the price on a separate cotter motorcycles tag. Looks like I got €11 off them :D

The Don wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they have prices on at lease some items. When I was in last month they had prices on thermals, cargo nets, indicators and other such spares, bags, gloves. I didn't look at lids, boots or jackets so I can't say about them.

I found the tags from a set of gloves I bought that time and it has the price on a separate cotter motorcycles tag. Looks like I got €11 off them :D

Never been to Cotters, must give them a try. Usually head up to Hein Gericke in Newry. That's gone as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Never been to Cotters, must give them a try. Usually head up to Hein Gericke in Newry. That's gone as far as I know.

The Belfast store is open, according to their website.

chasm wrote: »
    The Belfast store is open, according to their website.

Is the Belfast store bigger than the Newry one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

But the one time I went there with a view to buying a bike - which they had in stock - I found them to be the most condescending shower of prciks. Quoted list price only, seemed completely disinterested, I had phoned from Galway the day before, to enquire, told them I was coming up specifically to see it. When I got there they wouldn't give you the time of day - something more interesting in that days Red Top paper (it was a 'she' btw, on the floor that day...) you'd swear you were asking them for a blood transfusion.

I wanted to sit on the bike, and asked about a test ride. I was allowed to sit on it in the shop, but no test ride. When I pursued this a bit and pointing out there was no way I was spending 8k without driving it, she asked me 'if I knew anyone who had one I could borrow/try'. Really ? Ya think ? So I rode 140 miles each way - think I would have done that if there was one locally ?

Aresholes.

And yes, a cup of tea/coffee would the least I'd expect after making that much effort.

Long story short, got back to Galway, straight on the 'net, and bought the same model bike, ex-demo, from a dealer in the UK, and it was delivered to my door, on a pallet. Unstrapped it, and rode it home.

So you wouldn't drop 8k on the bike without a test ride, yet you bought 2nd hand without test riding the bike:confused:
    ninja900 wrote: »

A lot of franchise holders won't service grey imports, some car places wouldn't even sell spares. No idea why not but it's not just BW

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SeeTea

Absolute WORST place I have ever been to!!!! Honestly, I don't own a bike, but fell in love with it all after doing my IBT. Went into BikeWorld, and was so ready to go ahead and buy the bike until I realised I had been lied to one too many times! They are liars, and will tell you anything you want to hear. Alarm bells went off in my head when the lies revolved around safety specs for various helmets. I'm so delighted I never made the money transfer over into their account! Only by pure chance did I decide on the day that I wanted to see the bike one last time just to make sure everything was ok. Well, I have never seen a man squerm so much in my entire life!!! I was not about to part with such a big amount (well, to me it is!) of money easily..Thank god is all I can say!!! DO NOT GO NEAR THIS PLACE!!!!!!! I have yet to hear a good word about the place.

Down-side is, now I don't have the bike that I want!!!:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Look at JP motorcycles in Pearse Street. It has been mainly a seller of US imported cruisers, but now has a fair number of scooters and standards bikes. No sports bikes though. I bought bikes from him. Good service and thankfully he fits good batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Del2005 wrote: »
    So you wouldn't drop 8k on the bike without a test ride, yet you bought 2nd hand without test riding the bike:confused:

Yes I did.

It was patently obvious I wanted that model, that I was prepared to pay a certain price for it.

BW however, made no effort to secure the sale: in terms of customer service, price or anything. Not even manners. And we've heard the stories about the coffee machine already.... :p ...

So, for the same 'experience', i.e., NOT riding it, I got it for less, delivered to my door, and with good service.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Yes I did.

It was patently obvious I wanted that model, that I was prepared to pay a certain price for it.

BW however, made no effort to secure the sale: in terms of customer service, price or anything. Not even manners. And we've heard the stories about the coffee machine already.... :p ...

So, for the same 'experience', i.e., NOT riding it, I got it for less, delivered to my door, and with good service.

Any chance you can share the dealer in the UK that you bought the bike from. I'm in the market for a new bike, but I find the choice here in Ireland is very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Look at JP motorcycles in Pearse Street. It has been mainly a seller of US imported cruisers, but now has a fair number of scooters and standards bikes. No sports bikes though. I bought bikes from him. Good service and thankfully he fits good batteries.

I've dealt with JP over the years and its always been positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

I've dealt with JP over the years and its always been positive.

I'll second that. They don't mess you about. The lads are sound except paddy and joe they're a right a pair of plonkers. Only joshing.
    They offer a fair price on their bikes.

Yes I did.

Sadly, it's not just BW who appear to be in a position to treat customers like this, as I have had a similar experience with M50 Honda/KTM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'll second that. They don't mess you about. The lads are sound except paddy and joe they're a right a pair of plonkers. Only joshing.
    They offer a fair price on their bikes.

I bought two bikes from them, they are sounds lads but I had problems with both bikes. So never again. Shame as they have some nice stuff there the odd time.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Yeah they said it had to go through their main distributor here :(

I'd be inclined to ring them again and tell them their distributor refused to sell a few hundred quids worth of gear to you...

I'd be inclined to ring them again and tell them their distributor refused to sell a few hundred quids worth of gear to you...

Bought a different brand gear elsewhere. Couldn't be bothered getting in touch with Dainese again, our local dealer tried and they basically said their hands were tied because BW are the main distributor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭robinwing

A guy put up a post on another biker forum about 15 mins ago complaining about his bike being very badly repaired by the " shop with the big windows " ( They couldn't repair it apparantly and told him to collect it , it was going when he left it in ). That post was almost immediately removed

Advertisement