Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anyone else had issues with bikeworld ?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭horse7

BW are the only Irish dealer in the country for this particular Chinese bike, I'm concerned about the servicing and parts backup as it's not a popular bike. There is a 2 year warranty with the bike. Would any other bike shop do the service. I could do it myself but would it invalidate the warranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

On the servicing front BW told me when I purchased a new bike from them in 2021 that I could have the bike serviced by an independent servicer so long as it was documented and correct grade oil used. So no problem there. But they were pretty terrible to deal with.

I would be more hesitant about buying a Chinese bike (reliability issues) and the lack of spare parts though. I say this as a previous owner of one.

What year bike was it, they seem to have upped their game.(make?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭goblin59

What chinese bike are you after? if its a keeway, i've heard theyre notorious Rust magnets

Zontes

There's some you tube reviews from UK reviewers,all quiet interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭goblin59

Oh, I remember reading about their 310T adventure bike. Was meant to be great value for the money.

I think a friend of mine did a review for the Sinnis adventure bike and said they were great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,746 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'd run a mile tbh, doesn't matter how good or bad BW or anywhere else is if they can't get the parts.

Scrap the cap!

Been on to UK agent responsible, and they carry 85% parts, but you have to use the dealer in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

tbh, I'm not so sure. Most of the smaller bikes, including the Jap brands in the smaller market, are made in places like Thailand, Vietnam etc anyway. Some of the Italian-made smaller Yamaha's rust like stuff from the 70's used to

For some reason, outside a shop nearby, up until recently there has been a Keeway 125 sitting locked on the footpath for about 2 years. Naturally, it hasn't done it any favours, but it hasn't rusted any more spectacularly than anything else left like that.

And Benelli & Keeway are the same company and my son had a BN125 and it faired well over the 18 months that he had it,

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
Advertisement