Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Sydney for few weeks

Options
  • 09-10-2012 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Heading to Sydney end of November with OH , hoping to stay there about a month and then head off to Perth. Just wondering wheres the best to start look for accommodation for few weeks.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hostel? Hotel or serviced apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Gumtree - look under short term. Should be alot of people going home/abroad for around that time.

I recently put my own 3 bed apartment up for the time that we're going home and it was gone within 24 hours, had had someone come and look at it and put a deposit down.

Some of the people doing it will want ridiculous money - as in 200 per night kind of thing, as its Sydney over Christmas/New Years and they know they can get it - but some people will genuinely just want to cover rent expenses while away.

P.S Many of the decent hostels will have been booked out for Christmas/new years period long ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

Looking for Self Catering, dont really fancy sharing in a hostel. Hoping to get it for as cheap as possible we are heading over to check the place out and may end up staying for the year. I know cheap is fairly hard in Sydney. Would be we best booking hotel for the first week and look for accommodation once there or have something arranged before we go?

Thanks amybabes for the advice will start looking at Gumtree, 200 a night is just crazy. was thinking of maybe hiring a campervan or would they be very expensive?

All help so appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭amybabes

Looking for Self Catering, dont really fancy sharing in a hostel. Hoping to get it for as cheap as possible we are heading over to check the place out and may end up staying for the year. I know cheap is fairly hard in Sydney. Would be we best booking hotel for the first week and look for accommodation once there or have something arranged before we go?

Thanks amybabes for the advice will start looking at Gumtree, 200 a night is just crazy. was thinking of maybe hiring a campervan or would they be very expensive?

All help so appreciated

Camper vans expensive and also nowhere to park them! I dont know of any camp sites in sydney or free parking. Last christmas the car park at the nearest beach to my house was over run with them, like 200! The locals complained and cops came and gave everyone fines for illegal camping and moved them on.

I think gumtree is your best option. I've known even a bed in a 8 bed dorm
    In a hostel to be 50 dollars a night at Christmas time! I'd try and book something ASAP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 amosling

Hi Diamond Dust!

Long time reader of boards, first post!

I have a one-bedroom apartment that will be available for the month of December. The apartment is on Darling Harbour, which is in the middle of the CBD and very close to all public transport, and it is within a hotel, so you will have access to gym, pool, jacuzzi, etc.

Myself and the partner are heading to Ireland for Christmas so we want to let the apartment out to someone who won't trash the place!!

PM me if you are interested :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement