Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiji Christmas 2012

Options
  • 09-10-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all,

Was thinking of heading to Fiji for christmas this year was just wondering does anyone have any recommendations of resorts to stay in and places to go from past experiences.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as there is alot of choice there in fairness.

Thanks

Doodaas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Doodaas wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was thinking of heading to Fiji for christmas this year was just wondering does anyone have any recommendations of resorts to stay in and places to go from past experiences.

Any info would be greatly appreciated as there is alot of choice there in fairness.

Thanks

Doodaas

I'm off to Fiji for Xmas too.

I decided to treat myself to a 5-star hotel in Denarau. If you want Fiji luxury I wouldn't go anywhere near Nadi. An island resort is meant to be the best but between boat transfers and eating costs in the resort etc it can be too pricey. Denarau is easy to get to from the airport and considered the luxury area of Fiji.

I got flights from Sydney and 5-nights in Sheraton for just over $1k with Zuji.

Although, I've since seen some amazing deals on Travelonline so I'm kinda raging I didn't check there first.

Also, check out Captain Cook for day cruises of the islands. I'm thinking of doing one on the 23rd. An all day cruise with snorkelling, food and drink for about $80 is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Fiji is awesome. We spent two weeks hopping around the islands. Not much of a nightlife but it ain't that sort Of holiday.. Very relaxed and chilled.

Anyway the islands I'd Reccommend would be beachcomber, Corel view and bounty.., korovou wasn't great and in waya lailai they're a bit money hungry so you gotta watch out about that.. There are so many options though.. The main company that does all the tours are called 'awesome adventures'. You can pick up a brochure in any travel agents

I'd Reccommend you keep an eye out on groupon and living social. They do great deals for Fiji now and again. We got a private bure in beachcomber, with massages and tours thrown in for only $600 for the two of us which was pretty sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Hmmm puting ideas in my head now, dunno if I'm too pushed about spending xmas in Bondi beach :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Oh and I forgot, If you go to Fiji make sure you go swimming with the reef sharks. Its **** your knickers kinda stuff but brilliant all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Been to Fiji a few times. Denarau is not great, bascially large hotels usually of a 4-5* standard in gated communities. Also there is no beach there just a port...handy for doing day trips out to the islands but not much else!! I found Denarau to be a bit sterile and you could be in any 4-5* hotel in the world.

Coral coast is not bad, the beaches are not golden sands but more coarse and duller. Can get great value out here but be aware of the beach standards. Much more of a Fiji experience than staying in Denarau.

As said before Nadi is a kip. Avoid the awesome adventure tours around the islands...staying in run down hostels and being served 3 really bad meals a day. Captain cook cruises are a great day out.

Staying on the islands is the way forward, bit more pricey but well worth it. Now is a good time to be booking as it gets rammed over the Christmas with Aussie's and Kiwi's especially. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Nanuya Island Resort on Nanuya is good. Went there for a wedding in July and thoroughly enjoyed a week in it. Beach front resort, but basically you go to eat, drink, lie in a hammock and swim. There's SFA else to do. If that's not your kinda holiday, it might not be for you...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tower08

Check out mantaray island, well worth a stay for a couple of nights, great food, unreal reef and you can swim with manta rays every day which is pretty cool.

Advertisement