Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas to Dublin commute

Options
  • 09-10-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi, I'm thinking of moving to Naas and am wondering about the commute to Dublin. How long does it take? The train is on the wrong side of town so I'd be getting either the Bus Eireann bus to bus aras or the Dublin coach then the red line luas to the ifsc stop. I need to be in work for about 830

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Bus Eireann into Dublin is faster than Luas if you're leaving around 7, you'd be in city centre before 8. There are a few buses that leave around 7:30 but you'd be closer to 9 getting to O'Connell Bridge.
    Getting out is a different story, but not so stressed....

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Yesterday I got a 7:20 am train from Sallins to Dublin and the bus 90 up the quays and was sitting at my desk in the IFSC at 8:10.

Train is the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahv

We'd be moving to the Newbridge end of the town so not near the train unfortunately.....

• Registered Users Posts: 24 impala67

if you drive to the red luas line park and ride on naas road in heavy traffic thats moving, its about forty minutes and add on another twwenty to twenty five on luas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

The 126 bus leaves Naas at 720 and according to the BE timetable, arrives at Docklands (Jury's hotel IFSC) at 825. Definitely the cheapest option.

Dublin Coach / Red Cow Luas would also be a good option but probably a lot dearer per week because AFAIK they don't offer commuter tickets - meaning €40 a week for the bus + LUAS on top of that.

LUAS from Red Cow to Georges Dock / Spencer dock would be about 35 minutes in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahv

Yes but I'm wondering with traffic etc if 825 is an accurate time, maybe someone gets that bus so knows the time it usually arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

there is Dublin coach. or the green bus as I call it. it runs 24 hours and comes on the hour.it goes through naas town and picks up around time nightclub aswell. its drops u to the red cow luas stop so ya could just get the tram into the city

Advertisement