Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal Pro

Options
  • 09-10-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi, i spent 30 mins on the phone to PayPal today and just as i was thanking the operator for the advice and info, he then decided to ask me where i was calling from... Irelands i said.

"Oh, sorry PayPal Pro is not available in Ireland..."

Can anyone provide any insight or ways around this, other than setting up a company abroad. Thanks in advance to any help you may be able to provide on this...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

A couple of weeks ago I attended a Fingal Enterprise Week presentation about online business. It was held and given by Paypal in the Dublin Head office ( it was excellent - Well done Fingal Enterprise Board )

The question of when Paypay Pro is to be launched in Ireland was a popular one. Unfortunately they would not give a realease date.

I explored this, using a UK address, however I was warned that the account could be locked out if it was found that you were using it.

regards

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Thanks for the reply Aidan.

Do you know why it is not available in Ireland?

Also, do you know if PayPal Advanced is available in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

The reason is that they only release it in a certain numbers of countries at one time. I think it is to do with number of customers determines the order in which they role it out.

I dont know what Paypal advanced is, so I cant answer that question

Paypal pro have a Virtual Terminal, that is my main interest.

I have a very low number of transactions.

Regards

Aidan

Advertisement