Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon

Options
  • 10-10-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭

Just played the demo and it is atrocious. I approached it with an open mind knowing that another software house developed the game not Turn 10 but good jaysus it is worse then I was expecting. This is not Forza, its Need for Speed.

Be warned!:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Just played the demo and it is atrocious. I approached it with an open mind knowing that another software house developed the game not Turn 10 but good jaysus it is worse then I was expecting. This is not Forza, its Need for Speed.

i have completely taken that off my radar. forza was always a game i would buy on release. got 2,3,4 and i was always impressed. I have not even bothered to look more in to horizan. great franchise butchered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

This is not Forza, its Need for Speed.

This

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

its need for speed on "speed
    wouldnt buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

played the demo, loved it, great tunes ,fun driving, goodbye boring old Forza.

A must buy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GT_Dublin

I thought the point of this game is that it isn't like the main Forza games and it's supposed to more of an arcade racer?

Seems strange to complain about that, when that's what it is supposed to be.

Haven't tried the demo myself yet, looking forward to giving it a bash though. I enjoy my arcade racers as well as the more serious stuff, so I'm hoping this will be decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

whats bad about it? did they take out the physics engine? thought you could fiddle with the settings to have it similar to forza 4

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Gavdalf

Taken from Wikipedia:
    Forza Horizon is an upcoming, open world racing video game for Microsoft's Xbox 360 video game console. Developed principally by British games developer Playground Games in association with Turn 10 Studios, the game will be a part of Turn 10's long-running Forza Motorsport franchise, but is considered more of a spin-off instead of the next true member of the series.
    I like Need for Speed games so I might pick this up..
    Also according to IGN, Forza 5 is already in the works... http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/09/25/is-forza-5-already-in-the-works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

whats bad about it? did they take out the physics engine? thought you could fiddle with the settings to have it similar to forza 4

it's terrible arcade rubbish the fact that it steals menus from dirt and style from NFS is bad enough but the physics? there are none! just a truly awful mess of a game.

this is just my opinion ofc as i am more of a fan of racing sims or as close as you can get to one on a console with F4 or Gt5.

god damn it :( the idea of an open world game with simish physics is one of my favorite ideas that no one can seem to do right, for example TDU2 and FUEL, i still have to play horizon but ffs why couldn't they just keep forza 4's physics with all the accessibility settings for arcade types, if it aint broke dont fix it etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

GT_Dublin wrote: »
    I thought the point of this game is that it isn't like the main Forza games and it's supposed to more of an arcade racer?

Seems strange to complain about that, when that's what it is supposed to be.

Got a link to that?

Nothing strange about complaining about a sub par game given that it was to use the bulk of the Forza 4 engine "optimized" to handle 65 different terrains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Thought it was disappointing myself, I had all the assists off but it still felt weird and arcadey. I'll be sticking with F4 for now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I don't think it will matter, everyone will be playing NFS: Most Wanted anyway. But now that people said this is like a NFS game, i'm interested... I liked by Forza's 3 & 4 but got bored very quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Can't quite understand why people are complaining that it's an arcade racer, it's like complaining that NFS: Shift is a bit too sim-like compared to previous NFS games. :confused:

Reviews are coming in anyway...

Eurogamer:
    I'm very much an arcade racing fan so will certainly be checking this one out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Give me NFS: Hot Pursuit over a traditional Forza any day :pac:

This definitely is going to have a lot of competition from Most Wanted. Seems to look and play good, though.

Give me NFS: Hot Pursuit over a traditional Forza any day :pac:

This definitely is going to have a lot of competition from Most Wanted. Seems to look and play good, though.

This is the problem. If you like arcade racers, then you got a huge selection. If you are the sim man, then your only option was: forza, gr5, shift ( in some way ).

So hardcore fans of forza like me are disappointed that the only proper sim game that was for us went arcade way. I know it's spin off, but because of the spin off proper forza got pushed further.

F
    This is the problem. If you like arcade racers, then you got a huge selection. If you are the sim man, then your only option was: forza, gr5, shift ( in some way ).

So hardcore fans of forza like me are disappointed that the only proper sim game that was for us went arcade way. I know it's spin off, but because of the spin off proper forza got pushed further.
    Completely different dev team so it hasn't been pushed at all :)

Given that Forza 4 was released in Oct '11, I'd imagine MS/Turn10 are eyeing up Forza 5 as a launch title (or thereabouts) for the next-gen XBox.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

To be fair though it's only been a year since the last 'proper' Forza game, so I'd be confident enough that you can expect a fifth game in the next 24 months (I'd imagine there'd be complaints if they started releasing yearly updates). This is developed by a different studio on a different development cycle. No reason you can't just ignore it and wait for Forza 5. It's what I've done with all the non-Criterion NFS games ;)

Edit: snap :pac:

To be fair though it's only been a year since the last 'proper' Forza game, so I'd be confident enough that you can expect a fifth game in the next 24 months (I'd imagine there'd be complaints if they started releasing yearly updates). This is developed by a different studio on a different development cycle. No reason you can't just ignore it and wait for Forza 5. It's what I've done with all the non-Criterion NFS games ;)

Edit: snap :pac:

Well I was just trying to explain why some people might be upset. I personally find forza 4 still being a great title. I presume I would play it more if not Xbox live subs needed. I won't buy Xbox live just for one game.
    I'll skip on horizon myself as I am more of a Sim man. I won't say no to it after few months when it will be in a bargain bin though. I do enjoy arcade racers now and then ( really love Tdu 2 and driver 3 ).

I definitely see why Forza fans wouldn't be interested, but considering the developers are insisting it's a spin-off I don't think it's worth getting too bothered about. The core series is surely alive and well :)
    I'll skip on horizon myself as I am more of a Sim man. I won't say no to it after few months when it will be in a bargain bin though. I do enjoy arcade racers now and then ( really love Tdu 2 and driver 3 ).

Egads man, don't speak so kindly of the devil! You need to rectify that and get some Driver: San Francisco ASAP!

I definitely see why Forza fans wouldn't be interested, but considering the developers are insisting it's a spin-off I don't think it's worth getting too bothered about. The core series is surely alive and well :)

Egads man, don't speak so kindly of the devil! You need to rectify that and get some Driver: San Francisco ASAP!

I ment driver San Francisco . Ain't that driver 3? Sorry, I might have lost the track.

• Advertisement

I ment driver San Francisco . Ain't that driver 3? Sorry, I might have lost the track.
    God no, Driver: SF is awesome.

Driver 3, or "Driv3r" as it was marketed, is pretty much the worst thing. :(

gizmo wrote: »
    God no, Driver: SF is awesome.

Driver 3, or "Driv3r" as it was marketed, is pretty much the worst thing. :(

My bad. So I was talking about San Francisco one. What a lovely arcade racing game. I hope ubisoft will stick to that formula.

Sorry for off topic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

@ Shadowhearth, just reading above that your a sim man.
    You have a good pc if im not mistaken, why not play one of the countless sims on PC? most of which are far superior to forza or gt5.

Dcully wrote: »
    @ Shadowhearth, just reading above that your a sim man.
    You have a good pc if im not mistaken, why not play one of the countless sims on PC? most of which are far superior to forza or gt5.

i am sim man. i got 3 monitor setup with a decent enough pc. g27 was on my list to buy for ages, but recently with cut downs at work its put on "to buy later" list :(.

no point playing those sims with no steering wheel, though i do play driver, TDU2 on pc with 360 pad

played the demo, dont know what to make of it tbh :confused: with all assists off it certainly isnt NFS (that mustang was exciting enough to drive) but at the same time it does seem like its on superspeed, its also a lot more forgiving than say forza 4, i might get it, not 100% yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wade_barrett

just saw the review on ign the game looks awesome might have to pick this up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

My copy was just delivered from Gamestop. Won't be playing it until Sunday night at the earliest, but I'm really excited for this.

Saw an hour long video of it on VG247 and it looked just like Forza always has looked and played, just with free roam added. Given that NFS: Most Wanted looks like a cringey Burnout clone (or continuation of cringey Hot Pursuit if you prefer), I'm pinning my hopes on this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just tried the demo this morning, very impressive.
    Feels like what Test Drive Unlimited 2 should've felt like, for some reason they took a perfectly good driving model from Test Drive Unlimited and tinkered with it until it broke, before stuffing it back into the sequel, hoping no one would notice.
    But Forza Horizon is lovely, a must buy, as soon as I can raise the fundage to pay for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

9/10 from Gametrailers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just started playing, have put about two hours in.

Physics do feel slightly different to other Forza games, but not unpleasant. Enjoying having a semi-story surrounding the racing.

And the radio station DJ is hilarious.

"I'm getting my first snowboarding lesson tomorrow. Now, I've never snowboarded before, in fact I can't even ski, but buying a $500 ski jacket means I should take to it like a duck to water right? That's how that works right? [long pause as music builds up] Oh I'm gonna break both my legs... :("

:D

Advertisement