Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I overclock my computer right now ?

Options
  • 10-10-2012 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey guys just wondering if i should bother overclocking my computer now or should I wait until its older

Here are my specs:

cpu I7 2700k
    ram 16gig corsair vengeance ram
    motherboard asus P8Z68-V LX
    graphics card nvidia gtx 580
    psu corsair 1200watt
    Lquid cooler corsair H80

Let me know what you think :), If i miss anything let me know cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Holy crap. A 1.2KW PSU, what were you thinking?

Anyhow, yeah you might as well get the most out of your system and overclock. It's not too difficult with those CPUs. Just increase the multiplier and test for stability. Follow Serephucus' overclocking guide linked in my signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

+1 on the 1.2kw psu, you could power the starship enterprise with that! at least it's corsair though so you went for a solid brand as the beating heart of the machine.

you may aswell overclock. dont stress it out of your comfort zone in the beginning, but you may aswell seeing as you have water cooling, capable ram, and solid power rails. give it a 10% OC for now sure, naturally you'll up the OC in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No point in getting that K processor and not overclocking
    4.2 ghz should be easy

And as for 1200watt psu are you planning to go quad sli at some stage?

Advertisement