Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another, what's the car

• 10-10-2012 1:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

What is the green car between the 213 and the Opel at 18:36 ?

Is it a FIAT?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

WeHhG.png

Fiat Tipo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

A forgotten car, that and the Tempra..

Any left?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Handy this thread is here... want to find out what this is!

Found it in a thread on kit-type cars....

1301642_image2.jpg

EDIT! Just found out... will leave it for anyone else who knows though. :)

Dare Ginetta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Thanks lads. I knew I remember seeing them, but couldn't put a name on it. Doubt there's too many left now. We were tyring to identify the cars parked there. We reckoned a 406, Rover 213, going with a Fiesta van behind that, donno what's behind the Fiat, then a 309van, a Patrol and we reckon the Opel is an ascona or Kadett E. Oh, and a Cossie :)

Oh, and thanks Kenny for the screenshot. I tried to screenshot it myself, but my printscreen key was stuck.

• Advertisement

Type 'snip' in the search box on Windows 7.

BTW you can also link to a certain point in a Youtube video, like this (add ?t=18m36s)-

http://youtu.be/vLkxQbdLj7s?t=18m36s

:D

Type 'snip' in the search box on Windows 7.

BTW you can also link to a certain point in a Youtube video, like this (add ?t=18m36s)-

http://youtu.be/vLkxQbdLj7s?t=18m36s

:D

Damn, that snip is handy. Never knew of it. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Haven't watched the video but based on the screengrab above, is that not the Tipo rather than the Tempra? It looks to be a hatchback which was the Tipo. the Tempra was the saloon model.

Yep. Is is the Tipo, as Kenny said. I think carchaeologist was just mentioning the Tempra as a forgotton car along with the Tipo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i had two of them....couldn't really get 7 seaters in those days and the Tipo had an unusually wide back seat, important with 5 kids..... how un-PC would that be nowadays!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Right then lads, who will admit to having had a Ritmo? and did your chassis crack at the front crossmember, allowing the car to "widen" enough for the driveshaft to come out of the gearbox!!!? iver in cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Right then lads, who will admit to having had a Ritmo? and did your chassis crack at the front crossmember, allowing the car to "widen" enough for the driveshaft to come out of the gearbox!!!? iver in cavan

I had a 105TC that did that.........:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭blindsider

My 1st car was a Tipo - loved it!

In hindsight perhaps I could have done better, but that was then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Yep. Friend of mine had that exact problem. Lol!

Didn't the 127's have a similar problem

• Registered Users Posts: 18 theprisoner

WeHhG.png

Fiat Tipo.

I had one for 6 years, it turned me into an expert in car electrics.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

On the plus side, grimreaper666, I would be the first to admit that a 105tc at full chat, sounded absolutely wonderfull! iver in Cavan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

I saw a 1994 Tipo parked up in ITT Tallaght last Monday. Remarked to someone that I hadn't seen one in a long time. Standard dash on it, not the digital one.

I've also seen a nicely modded white 88 Sunny van up there before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Thanks lads. I knew I remember seeing them, but couldn't put a name on it. Doubt there's too many left now. We were tyring to identify the cars parked there. We reckoned a 406, Rover 213, going with a Fiesta van behind that, donno what's behind the Fiat, then a 309van, a Patrol and we reckon the Opel is an ascona or Kadett E. Oh, and a Cossie :)

Oh, and thanks Kenny for the screenshot. I tried to screenshot it myself, but my printscreen key was stuck.

that one behind the fiat looks a bit Micra-ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    that one behind the fiat looks a bit Micra-ish

Looks like a Seat Ibiza to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Caddyvanman

+1 for Seat Ibiza

squonk wrote: »
    Looks like a Seat Ibiza to me.

Twould never be a MK1 Corsa, would it?