Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton 64bit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sionnach Psy

Will 32bit plugins not work with a 64bit ableton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Will 32bit plugins not work with a 64bit ableton?

There's a program called JBridge that will allow you to use 32bit plugins in the new 64bit environment. It's well supported, and one victim so far is the UAD-1 card - not found anything else or seen many other reports of problems.

Been using the beta with no problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Radiosurfer

Hey Neurojazz, have you noticed significant drop in CPU usage using 64-bit version? Any other advantages to using it? I've got the Live 9 beta and loving it.

Hey Neurojazz, have you noticed significant drop in CPU usage using 64-bit version? Any other advantages to using it? I've got the Live 9 beta and loving it.

There are quite a few advantages:-

64bit can address much more ram (compared to 32bit only using around 3.4gigs max)

If you have a CPU that has virtual cores then the 64bit client can use those also - So an i7 would yield 8 cores in some cases and 12 with the newer hexacores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Hey, I've purchased jBridge earlier today and it's working flawlessly with Ableton Live 9 but is there any way I can remove the water mark below the plugins? It has my name and email address there.... Cheers.

• Advertisement

WasterEx wrote: »
    Hey, I've purchased jBridge earlier today and it's working flawlessly with Ableton Live 9 but is there any way I can remove the water mark below the plugins? It has my name and email address there.... Cheers.

Probably contact the dude at jbridge (he might be able to change it) - but you will need access to that bar occasionally as hiccups can occur :)

He's very helpful (but can imagine he might be pretty busy at the moment with the new customers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Neurojazz wrote: »
    Probably contact the dude at jbridge (he might be able to change it) - but you will need access to that bar occasionally as hiccups can occur :)

He's very helpful (but can imagine he might be pretty busy at the moment with the new customers :)

Cheers mate. I'll shoot him an email and see how it goes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I only lost access to one 32-bit vst when i installed the beta build so that was handy.

Advertisement