Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Visa Debit...i gimped myself

Options
  • 10-10-2012 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi All, I bought an jacket online using my shiny new BOI Visa Debit card...despite considering myself fairly inter web savvy, I now realise that the site is not legit and that I will not receive any jacket from them (did some research after i bought it...to late...i know).

They have taken the payment of €126 from my card already. Is there any chance that BOI would return the payment to me if I call them and explain that I got gimped by a dodgy website???

Do visa debit cards offer the same protection as if using a credit card?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

Anyone....???

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Phone the bank immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi montzarella,

We would advise calling Banking 365 on 0818 365 365/ 00 353 1 4044000 and having your Visa Debit card cancelled and re-issued.

There is a Visa Debit Transaction Dispute form on the Bank of Ireland website here

Information on Verified by Visa can be found here

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

Rang the bank and got it sorted, will take 30 days but thats fine , thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi montzarella,

Glad to hear it will be sorted for you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement
Advertisement