Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alt J - The Olympia 03/05/13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

My credit card has taken some hammering in the last few weeks, with all the gigs announced, but fúck it, i'll be getting tickets to this one for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

My credit card has taken some hammering in the last few weeks, with all the gigs announced, but fúck it, i'll be getting tickets to this one for sure.
    Ha ha, me too. I'm the one of my mates who always buys three tickets and tries to get a few mates to agree to go eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Feck sake anyone want to buy me a ticket. Bloody hell the amount of gigs lately. May talk nice to the wife :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

may 2013!!! are alt-j that big now that they announce gigs this far in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

Easy Rod wrote: »

Just bought tickets for this gig on http://http://www.artistticket.com/l...ultsperpage=50 . Has anyone any experience of the site - are they legit?

Tickets via ArtistTicket are cheaper anyway. Two tickets cost €46 (€22+€1 BF) compared to TicketsMasters €51.50 (€22.9 + €2.85 BF). Rip-off Ireland well and truly alive eh.

• Advertisement

Doinker wrote: »
    Just bought tickets for this gig on http://http://www.artistticket.com/l...ultsperpage=50 . Has anyone any experience of the site - are they legit?

Tickets via ArtistTicket are cheaper anyway. Two tickets cost €46 (€22+€1 BF) compared to TicketsMasters €51.50 (€22.9 + €2.85 BF). Rip-off Ireland well and truly alive eh.
    It was the site that was linked from ALt-J's facebook page so i presume they're legit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Just got 2 standing tickets. Say this one won't hang around for long.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Rip off ireland? what are you on about. Ticketmaster is the problem here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Is this sold out? Ticketmaster lets me search for tickets but says:
    Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Doinker

lordgoat wrote: »
    Rip off ireland? what are you on about. Ticketmaster is the problem here...

I thought it was pretty obvious. I'm on about how its more expensive to buy the same tickets through an Irish site compared to an English site, hence Rip off Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I thought it was pretty obvious. I'm on about how its more expensive to buy the same tickets through an Irish site compared to an English site, hence Rip off Ireland.
    the prices for the ticket itself are set by the band.
    the booking charges are set by the re-sellers. clearly artistticket charge less of a booking fee than ticketmaster. if you bought tickets through the UK ticketmaster site you would be charged the same level of booking fee.

either you have an issue with the band's pricing of tickets, or with Ticketmaster's booking fee policies compared to Artistticket's. not really sure how either of them are an example of "rip-off Ireland".
    if you bought a ticket for a UK show from ArtistTicket and compared it with buying the same from the UK Ticketmaster site, the ticketmaster one would be more expensive too. is that "rip-off britain"? :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You are wrong on so many levels. Have a read of ghostdancers post.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hurricanefloss

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Many going to this tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Got sorted on Toutless this week so happy out

FYI, from the Olympia website -
    Approximate stage time as follows: doors open 7pm, first support act Hundred Waters on about 7.45pm, second support act Princess Chelsea around 8.30pm, with Alt-J due onstage approx 9.15pm. Show over around 10.30pm/10.45pm. Times subject to change as always.

I'm the OP and I, very reluctantly, had to sell my tickets just there.

Could not get one single mate to come to see them, Leinster match, London and general lack of musical taste have made a rubbish start to my long weekend.:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Could not get one single mate to come to see them, Leinster match, London and general lack of musical taste have made a rubbish start to my long weekend.:mad:

Nothing wrong with going on your own! I've done it a few times and always had a decent night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Why not just go on your own? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

As others have already said, why did you not just go by yourself?! If the choice is either go alone or not go at all, it's obvious to me which option to take. I would never even consider missing a concert that I really wanted to go to, just because I had no one to go with.

I know you can do nothing about it now, but if you ever find yourself in this situation again, please go! I promise you that you will still enjoy it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

So how was the gig? I hope to catch them next time they are here.

Nothing wrong with going on your own! I've done it a few times and always had a decent night.

Yeah I've been let down a few times and decided to go solo, OP you feel a bit weird/awkward at first but after the first couple tunes you won't give a crap. I wouldn't think twice about it now if there was a band I really wanted to see!

If you Really don't want to go alone them maybe check out the link below. I haven't join them yet but they seem like a cool bunch.

http://www.gigonometry.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,870 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Atmosphere was amazing! I wouldnt be the most ardent fan tbh but really enjoyed it.
    The crowd were insane in a good way...I was in the circle seating area but I dont think anybody sat down after about the first 20 minutes. The new songs also sounded good with one called Buffalo standing out for me.
    The covers were inspired (Kylie Minogue slow and a real hero from the drive soundtrack?!?!).

Advertisement