Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White grape juice?

Options
  • 10-10-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Hi - does anyone happen to know where I could get 100% white grape juice (from concentrate is fine). Have checked a few lcoal supermarkets but no joy for some reason.
    I'm in Dublin.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Aldi (not from concentrate). The lidl one is a mix of white and red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Always with the answers, thanks Khannie

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

*tips hat*

Glad to be of service. :)

99 cent, plenty in stock. Going to try this (if it interests anyone) ...
    http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1218971587

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lidl can have very decent discounts on grape juice from time to time, so keep an eye out and stockup, not sure of colour.

• Advertisement

Indeed, they had red (red and green mix) for 69 cent a couple of weeks ago. Picked up 14 litres :) But thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

I'm making a sparkling wine from the Aldi white grape juice.

Anybody else try this?

And, how did it turn out?

Nope, just getting started myself. But would like to see the recipe if you dont mind.
    Thanks

The recipe is just 5 liters of Aldi white grape juice and a T-Spoon of Youngs Super wine Compound....
    http://www.homebrew.ie/proddetail.php?prod=234&Youngs-Super-Wine-Yeast-Compound-60g

I also threw in some dextrose to see what happens.

It has been bubbling away for two weeks now and is still very cloudy. I'll taste it around Christmas / New Year. Though it may still be a bit young...

Nice and simple :) Thanks. But how will you make it sparkling? I believe it can be a bit dangerous! Let me know how it goes.
    That 'WOW' I'm trying gets great reviews and is simple, take a look.

• Advertisement

Apparently, it's just like making cider. So there should be plenty of sparkles occurring naturally during the fermentation process.

When putting into bottles, just add a T-Spoon of sugar (and maybe some more yeast, if you want).
    Or also, if it's a little flat when ready you can put it in a 'Soda Stream' to gas it up.

You can buy 'champagne' bottles in brew shops. Or just use 7-Up or fizzy water plastic bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

redser7 wrote: »
    99 cent, plenty in stock. Going to try this (if it interests anyone) ...
    http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1218971587

Thanks

Good find, never done wine before, it's going down on the list...

Advertisement