Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANPOST RIP OFF

Options
  • 10-10-2012 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

NEEDED TO GET AN A4 SIZE ENVELOPE TO THE UK ASAP, SO WANTED TO GO REGISTERED POST, THE GIRL SAID IT WOULD TAKE 2/3 DAYS AND WANTED 7.80 OF ME, I THEN ASKED JUST NORMAL POST HOW MUCH 1.60 I WAS TOLD AND IT WOULD TAKE 2/3 DAYS??? ANOTHER WORDS I AM PAYING AN XTRA 300% TO BE DELIEVERED THE SAME DAY TO THE SAME PLACE AT THE SAME TIME????? ONLY DIFFERENCE IS SOME1 SIGNS FOR IT?? RIP OFF IRELAND

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Registered post is not an expidited service, it's just an addition that requires the item to be signed for, makes it tracable, and provides some insurance for contents. Nothing more, nothing less. (PS typing in ALL CAPS is considered shouting ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

NEEDED TO GET AN A4 SIZE ENVELOPE TO THE UK ASAP, SO WANTED TO GO REGISTERED POST, THE GIRL SAID IT WOULD TAKE 2/3 DAYS AND WANTED 7.80 OF ME, I THEN ASKED JUST NORMAL POST HOW MUCH 1.60 I WAS TOLD AND IT WOULD TAKE 2/3 DAYS??? ANOTHER WORDS I AM PAYING AN XTRA 300% TO BE DELIEVERED THE SAME DAY TO THE SAME PLACE AT THE SAME TIME????? ONLY DIFFERENCE IS SOME1 SIGNS FOR IT?? RIP OFF IRELAND

How much is the same service from UK to Ireland?
    If Ireland is such a rip off, then I'm sure it's a fraction of the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Do you shout at your customers too?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

But the registered letter must eat up man power compared to the standard post as I assume each letter has to be scanned at all depots and be transported in a manner that pretty much guarantees it won't be lost.

Imagine the handling process it must go through being posted international, bring handed over to royal mail, all the while securely handled and to top it off, a registered letter can take 2 deliveries at final destination if no one was home first time. Then there is the very useful tracking system which no doubt has a cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

Sorry for caps on was'nt shouting, same size envelope from uk on reg post was £4.25 or 95p for normal post, same ol rip of ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Based on your OP, the envelope is between 100g & 250g. The cost of normal post is 3.30 and the cost of registered post is 7.90

If its less than 100g, the cost of regular post is 1.65 and registered post is 6.25.

Fee info taken from AnPost.ie

Basede on EXACT same servcie from Royal Mail to Ireland the 100g registered item would cost £7.36p (approx €9.30) and the 250g items would cost £8.54 (approx €10.70)

Now unless my math is wrong, Royal Mail whol you gave such a Glowing review of charge a WHOPPING 50% MORE than An Post for the EXACT same service if the item is 100g and 35% MORE if the item is 250g.

FACT my dear boy, FACTS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

sandin wrote: »
    FACT my dear boy, FACTS!

Don't let them get in the way!

Advertisement