Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ireland.com problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

yoyo wrote: »
    It should be as simple as logging into your paypal/itunes etc. profiles and updating your email address. People do change email addresses all the time, it is very common so most web systems are built to allow this
    Nick

Thanks for that. It was my main worry.

I suppose I'll have to set aside some time to first of all figure out what sites will be affected and then change my address on each one.

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

Hi All

Hopefully someone will be able to help me.

I have set up a Gmail account and I am trying to copy across my e-mails but all that seems to be coming across are the e-mails in my in-box and not all my other folders. Is it possible to copy across all my e-mails, I really hope it is because I have a huge amount of them.

Thanks

Christy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Geguinnegas

Did they have the decency to reply and if they did, was it anything moire than waffle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Geguinnegas

more, not moire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

more, not moire!
    You have an edit button box in all your posts. For 2 days anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

the Ireland.com domain has now been sold to the Irish tourist broad

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Avida Dollars

ChristyM wrote: »
    Hi All

I have set up a Gmail account and I am trying to copy across my e-mails but all that seems to be coming across are the e-mails in my in-box and not all my other folders. Is it possible to copy across all my e-mails, I really hope it is because I have a huge amount of them.

Thanks

Christy

I don't know if there's an easier way, but if you empty your ireland.com inbox (save as new folder or delete) then move the messages from each folder, (one folder at a time or all folders together) to ireland.com inbox, and import that inbox to your gmail inbox, and re-folder it there. Maybe move all your gmail inbox to a folder before importing...

I'm only a gom at this, but that should work anyway...while away the hours! Ah, it dosn't take that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ChristyM wrote: »
    Hi All

Thanks

Christy
    http://www.ireland.com/step-by-step-guide

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 28 yelofmail

I had my @ireland.com email address since it was first developed. Like others here I found it useful because it was so easy to remember, especially in the US. For a few years they tried a pay for service, I forget how much it cost, £10 or €10, I forget, I had to pay in $US in any case.
    I've noticed this year, not just in the last few days, that the service has gotten worse. Seems to me that they lost interest a long time ago. I wouldn't be bothered following this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

I tried logging on last night (5th) to download my emails, I understood closing date was Jan 8th . They no longer allow access to email can anyone help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I tried logging on last night (5th) to download my emails, I understood closing date was Jan 8th . They no longer allow access to email can anyone help.

Your best bet is to contact: services@irishtimes.com as discussed earlier in this thread. If you have not saved your emails at this point then I reckon they may be gone, however if they had sense they would still have full backups for the final few who still need to migrate

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 28 yelofmail

You can log on via www.emailclosure.com

Advertisement