Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full buses

Options
  • 10-10-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

I was reading in the Meath Chronicle yesterday about complaints with full buses around Meath during commuting times. Senator Thomas Byrne had contacted BE about the issue

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2012/10/09/4012622-claims-that-full-buses-passing-commuters/

Personally, I had not experienced this problem very much since staring to use BE 3 years ago.

Lo and behold...this morning the 7.15 111 bus from Trim was (for some unknown reason) a single decker. Normally this is a double decker and can get quite full, especially when the schools/colleges start back. Inevitably, it was completely packed this morning and didn't stop for me (or the other 5 passengers waiting at the stop).

I have emailed BE about this and asked why they're putting on Single Decker buses during the morning commute times.

Has anyone else encountered issues with full buses in the morning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

To be honest if you ask Navan commuters it can be a regular occurance, particularly the express motorway buses which are usually single deckers, which is madness.

I've never had a problem with it, but i know people who have.

Oh and btw don't expect anything concrete from Bus Eireann about your email, it only took them 9 months to listen to customer feedback to send the 530 navan bus out via the port tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

The best bit is when the bus just drives past ya on a cold winters day

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Stretch Armstrong

The 10am from Navan is a single decker, nearly always full and always late. "There's another one coming along in a few minutes". Yeah right.

Its a disgrace that there isnt even a proper bus shelter on the square for one of BE's most busy stops.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Any update from BE on this chewed? I notice this piece in the Chronicle since you posted:
    http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2012/10/18/4012810-extra-buses-on-busy-commuter-routes/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

Yes PauloMN, thanks for the reminder! Just got an email the other day from someone in BE which said...
    I refer to your email dated October 10th, 2012 and regret the inconvenience caused to you while endeavouring to avail of our 0655 hours Athboy/Dublin service at your stop on Wednesday October 10th, 2012.

I was most disappointed to note your experience as outlined in your email. I have completed my investigation and can confirm that the service in question did not operate as a double-decker due to operational difficulties. Unfortunately there were no additional buses available to assist this service on the morning in question. I have brought this matter to the attention of the Local Area Inspector and suitable corrective steps have been taken in order to prevent a recurrence of this nature in future.

I would like to assure you that every effort will be made to provide the best possible service to customers within the resources available to us. In addition, I have brought this matter to the attention of the Regional Area Supervisor and have instructed him to monitor this situation.

On behalf of Bus Éireann, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for contacting us.

Haven't had any problems from my stop since Oct 10. But, on Monday, the 6pm 111 service from Busarus was a single decker and anyone trying to board after 5.55 were told it was full and had to wait till 6.30!

• Advertisement
Advertisement