Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert jpg to .scr

• 10-10-2012 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Does anyone know some free software or a technique which allows you to convert a .jpg into a .scr file which can be distributed and loaded as a screensaver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allaboutclicks

Let me begin by saying I've no experience of .scr files, I had to search on google to see what it was. From what I can gather it's not simply an image file but a file that creates a screensaver with an image (I'm guessing I just read a couple of the short desc). Maybe just open up the screensaver take a screenshot and then use whatever image editor you use to resize that to what you require. I know it's not ideal - just a suggestion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

A screensaver is a special type of file. You can't just convert an image. You need a piece of software that can create a SCR file and then use it to create what you are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Surely you mean a desktop background - not a screensaver. A static image would be the worst screensaver ever!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Quick Google spit up this - How to create a screensaver with Irfanview. Free software and looks very simple to create and save as .scr.

Advertisement