Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Testing Browser Compatability

Options
  • 10-10-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

Id like to test my application within a few different browsers (& versions). Without downloading each individual browser, what tools are people using is do this. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,571 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

short of actually testing yourself, http://www.browserstack.com/ looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Browserstack is decent enough, I used it myself for testing one application and it did the job. Bad things about it that I noticed were there is some slight lag since the browsers you test with are hosted on remote machines and also my mouse scroll button didn't work which makes moving around pages pretty tedious especially when testing higher resolutions and all you can view is 1/4 of the page without scrolling. I didn't use any automated testing so I don't know how it handles that.

Saying that it still is a good service and it is low priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

SauceLabs offer an excellent service, otherwise you could do it yourself using host of VMs with different browsers/os and selenium to test.

Advertisement