Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&B near Castelnock hotel

Options
  • 10-10-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am at a wedding in Castelnock Hotel and Golf Club. Looking for a B&B nearby. Any suggestions very welcomed.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

The hotel is on the
    Porterstown road and I don't think there are any b&bs near buy. There is a few in Castleknock. Only 4 or 5 mins from castleknock village or the phenoix park to the hotel by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Swampy wrote: »
    The hotel is on the
    Porterstown road and I don't think there are any b&bs near buy. There is a few in Castleknock. Only 4 or 5 mins from castleknock village or the phenoix park to the hotel by car.

Thanks. Any you'd recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks. Any you'd recommend?
    out of interest, what were they quoting you for an overnight (w/wo breakfast)?

dodzy wrote: »
    out of interest, what were they quoting you for an overnight (w/wo breakfast)?

about 100 with breakfast. reckon b&B would be half that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

If you are drinking, you need to factor in a taxi to and back from the hotel?

Also just for pure handiness would the extra 50 not be worth it?

On booking.com looked at Deerpark lodge, I just threw in 1st of Novemeber and it worked out at 39 for two, breakfast extra €5 each, so €50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

http://www.travelodge.ie/phoenix-park-hotel

There is a Travelodge just off the M50. It is off a busy road and not somewhere you will walk to/from. I have never been in there. There are a few reviews online. It is not near the Castleknock Hotel - nowhere is near the hotel. There are very few B&B's in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

http://www.palmerstownlodge.ie/ would be closer then the travel lodge.
    The Castleknock Hotel is on the very edge of D15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I don't think you'll save much if you have to get a taxi to anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

just pay the extra. there is nowhere local in b and b. got taxi local last night and was 10 euro each way

amtc wrote: »
    just pay the extra. there is nowhere local in b and b. got taxi local last night and was 10 euro each way

Ended up single room in hotel for 95.

• Advertisement
Advertisement