Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this area like

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I walk around there a fair bit. It doesn't seem to be any worse than anywhere else in the area. I've walked home from friend's houses who live around there fairly lateish, with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,864 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I live near that area...its pretty mixed.....I find it pretty quiet if you dont go over to the other side of the luas tracks...
    Its more inchicore than kilmainham though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

gmisk wrote: »
    I live near that area...its pretty mixed.....I find it pretty quiet if you dont go over to the other side of the luas tracks...
    Its more inchicore than kilmainham though?

Yeah it seems it is more Inchicore. You know these estate agents, constantly advertising places incorrectly.

Over the LUAS tracks you're hitting Dolphins Barn is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

South of Luaa is drimnagh. Dolphins barn is two canal bridges down at the big flats. The area is grand but I'm sure you'll find plenty of people to throw negatives around

Yeah I definitely have. Sometimes it's good to hear negatives to get a clear view.

I think I'd be happy enough to live around there for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

budgemook wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely have. Sometimes it's good to hear negatives to get a clear view.

I live just off the SCR, near enough the Suir Road junction and find it a great place to live overall. Great transport links to town, the 123 bus and the Luas are on your doorstep. Only 10 minutes walk to the War Memorial Gardens and 15 to Phoenix Park. The area is settled enough, I walk around it regularly and take my smallie for walks up the canal to feed the swans etc. You will have the odd dodgy lookIng character around now but no more so than anywhere else.

The row of small shops in Kilmainham are handy enough as well. A good Spar, dry cleaners etc. As you go further into Inchicore, towards the Promised Land, things can get a bit rougher alright but I've never had any hassle in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

Agreed but most of the negatives on here are from people who've never been next nor near the area but base their opinion on friends of friends or whatever the herald tells them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Sometimes it's good to hear negatives to get a clear view.

Me and my mate got jumped by 10-12 lads at Devoy Rd, that negative enough? :D Wrong place, wrong time moreso that anything, like everywhere in Dublin, keep your wits and it's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Me and my mate got jumped by 10-12 lads at Devoy Rd, that negative enough? :D Wrong place, wrong time moreso that anything, like everywhere in Dublin, keep your wits and it's grand.

I've lived in Inchicore for the last 20 years and never had any physical trouble, nor ever felt threatened. Have had windows put in on the car twice and an old banger robbed years ago (found the next day on Emmet Rd), and the green bag set on fire once. I've seen lads in bad shape around the place a couple of times and have witnessed a bit of agro a few of times. Nothing that I've not witnessed in other more well heeled parts of Dublin over the years.

On the other hand a friends brother has lived in the area for a few years now, and within his first year he was randomly attacked twice on the canal and had his car stolen (found wrecked in Ballyfermot).

But while some of Inchicore looks a bit crap and while there are a few head-the-balls around the place, it actually has a lot worse rep. IMO than what it deserves. If it was as people made out, I'd have moved out a long time ago.

D.

Wow that seems like a very quiet road. Was it local lads do you know?
    dazberry wrote: »
    I've lived in Inchicore for the last 20 years and never had any physical trouble, nor ever felt threatened. Have had windows put in on the car twice and an old banger robbed years ago (found the next day on Emmet Rd), and the green bag set on fire once. I've seen lads in bad shape around the place a couple of times and have witnessed a bit of agro a few of times. Nothing that I've not witnessed in other more well heeled parts of Dublin over the years.

On the other hand a friends brother has lived in the area for a few years now, and within his first year he was randomly attacked twice on the canal and had his car stolen (found wrecked in Ballyfermot).

But while some of Inchicore looks a bit crap and while there are a few head-the-balls around the place, it actually has a lot worse rep. IMO than what it deserves. If it was as people made out, I'd have moved out a long time ago.

D.

What part of inchicore do you live in? Down near the town or up around the Suir road / Kilmainham?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yup they were local, this is going back a few year mind you.

I worked in Inchicore up until last summer and used to walk from Tyrconnell Rd to Donore Ave the odd time and never had one problem, I'd also walk up to Blackhorse without bother either, had the odd spot of bother in work due to local settled travellers but they woudn't be going down as fair as Suir Rd, if they're even still about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

What part of inchicore do you live in? Down near the town or up around the Suir road / Kilmainham?

I moved earlier this year down to the Suir Rd/Kilmainham end, but most of those occurrences were up near the Blackhorse end, or on the canal.

D.

Advertisement